Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I want to thank everyone that has been providing advice to people on this forum. We appreciate you doing this out of your busy schedules.

Here is my story and I will like to seek your advice.

I have been working with the same agency as self employed since 2019 and my wife has been on full time job. I will be applying for my ILR this December and the plan was to use my wife's salary to meet the financial requirement but Covid-19 set in and they had to cancel her contract.

Because of the complexity and documentation needed going through the self employment route, I decided to move to PAYE which was done in June. like I said earlier I am a support worker on a zero hour contract been paid the following week after I have worked (i.e. if I work 8th to 14th June, I get paid on the 17th).

I want to believe that I need 26 payslips from my agency to meet the financial requirement.

Is there any other documents that I need please.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
That's totally fine. I am in the same situation, my last visa was approved using my own PAYE (zero-hours contract) employment with no issues. Yes, it's 26 payslips you need, along with 6 months of bank statements showing each deposit, and a letter from your employer stating your employment terms (pay rate, length of time you've been earning your current pay rate, title/role, terms of employment [contract-based], and how long you've been employed).

If you have your initial employment contract, you should supply that as well, though it isn't mandatory. Some people also provide their most recent P60 but if it doesn't cover the last 6 months and you're applying under Cat A (6+ months with the same employer) then it isn't useful to include.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's totally fine. I am in the same situation, my last visa was approved using my own PAYE (zero-hours contract) employment with no issues. Yes, it's 26 payslips you need, along with 6 months of bank statements showing each deposit, and a letter from your employer stating your employment terms (pay rate, length of time you've been earning your current pay rate, title/role, terms of employment [contract-based], and how long you've been employed).

If you have your initial employment contract, you should supply that as well, though it isn't mandatory. Some people also provide their most recent P60 but if it doesn't cover the last 6 months and you're applying under Cat A (6+ months with the same employer) then it isn't useful to include.
Thank you for the response. Couple of months ago I requested for draft copy of the letter and this was the content:

To whom it may concern

I can confirm that **************** is employed with *********** Limited from 04/03/2019 to date.

Agency workers are not salaried, so please find the earnings to date figure for tax year 2020-2021 which is £11,016.57.

No regular overtime, bonuses or commission. *********** is employed as Support Worker on a Temp agency contract which is ongoing.

If you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

The draft has no signature on it. Is this ok, or is there anything missing. Also the payslips from payroll has no logo but it has the HMRC reference number on it and its just text and in PDF.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
That's fine but it must include full contact details (contact name, address, phone, email). I've honestly never seen UKVI refuse an application based on the lack of employer letter signature, though I would strongly advise you to provide something signed (even digitally). If it's not possible, it's not possible

If the payslips aren't original (that is, sent to you via post) then you will need to do one of two things: 1) get your employer to authenticate (sign or stamp) each payslip, or 2) have them mention in their employer letter (or a separate letter if needed) that the payslips provided are authentic and true. This should reference each payslip by date or reference number

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's fine but it must include full contact details (contact name, address, phone, email). I've honestly never seen UKVI refuse an application based on the lack of employer letter signature, though I would strongly advise you to provide something signed (even digitally). If it's not possible, it's not possible

If the payslips aren't original (that is, sent to you via post) then you will need to do one of two things: 1) get your employer to authenticate (sign or stamp) each payslip, or 2) have them mention in their employer letter (or a separate letter if needed) that the payslips provided are authentic and true. This should reference each payslip by date or reference number
Again thank you for your swift response. Lastly do I need to still be on PAYE while the ILR application is still being processed and do I need to be on PAYE for my naturalisation application because I am the only one providing for my family and am better placed as self employed.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
You really should not change anything about your employment terms during the time the application is being processed. If the caseworker calls your employer to verify your employment details, you could be refused if it isn't what they stated on the letter.

Employment terms don't matter for naturalisation, there's no employment or financial requirement to naturalise as British. The only employment info you might send (like P60s) is to corroborate your continued residence in the UK over the last 3 years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts