Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Just got my visa in the mail today. Although I had asked for September 8th 2015, I received a start date of August 13th 2015 valid until May 12th 2017. I was pretty surprised by the different start date, but it doesn't really bother me that much, what bothers me is the early end date, I have never heard of that before.

Any clue as to why my visa was only issued for 22 months instead of 24 months (sorry for 19 months, apparently I can't count when I'm stressed out)? Am I missing something? Does anybody know if it is possible to have a visa re-issued once the application process etc. has been done (pretty sure this isn't possible)?

Thanks a bunch for any guidance you can provide!

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
As you can only put your travel date up to 3 months ahead of your application date, 13th August 2015 is correct, as presumably you applied on 13th May.
They then seem to have got their wires crossed, so instead of putting 13th August 2017 as the 'valid until' date, they put down 2 years ahead of your application date minus one, 12th May 2017. So it was issued in error and you must get it changed. Send an email complaint: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure, marking it 'Urgent request - visa issued in error'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! I will email them right away.

also, maybe you'd be able to help me with this, every blog and FAQ I have read says that I have 10 days to collect my BRP from a post office when I get to the UK. Apprently this info is in the decision letter that was sent to me with my passport, unfortunately I didn't receive a letter. I wrote to the email address for people who have lost their decision letter, but they wrote back stating that I do not need a BRP and will not require one for my time in the UK. I am very confused.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
You don't need BRP as you've been issued with the actual Tier 5 visa, not vignette valid only 30 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.