Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently living in the UK and have done since December 28th 2010. I moved here to live with my boyfriend (Who is Australian but on the 5 year ancestory VISA). We have dated since Jan 2010, lived together from April - Aug 2010 and Dec 2010 - Present. My Visa ends on the 28th December 2012 and I would like to stay here with my Boyfriend. I have a great job which is another reason I want to stay. Can I go onto his visa as a partner. We have proof of address for LOndon, We have had a joint bank account for 6 months, we both earn over £18,000 each.

Help if you can?

Regard

D

·
Registered
38,982 Posts
Hi,

I am currently living in the UK and have done since December 28th 2010. I moved here to live with my boyfriend (Who is Australian but on the 5 year ancestory VISA). We have dated since Jan 2010, lived together from April - Aug 2010 and Dec 2010 - Present. My Visa ends on the 28th December 2012 and I would like to stay here with my Boyfriend. I have a great job which is another reason I want to stay. Can I go onto his visa as a partner. We have proof of address for London, We have had a joint bank account for 6 months, we both earn over £18,000 each.
You can't switch to unmarried partner leave as your partner isn't yet settled in UK. So as you suggest, trying to get leave for a dependant of an ancestry visa holder seems the only option.
To do so, you complete FLR(O) form at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/flro_formnew0420091.pdf, with guidance notes at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/flro_guidenew0420091.pdf.
I strongly suggest you book a same-day premium service appointment at a public enquiry office for December, which will be released daily at midnight exactly 6 weeks in advance. UK Border Agency | Booking an appointment for our premium service. Fee is £867.
Make sure you have documentary evidence of 2-year cohabitation, such as joint tenancy, utility bills or official letters for each with the same address. Or get married first. Otherwise you need to prove durable, committed relationship akin to marriage. Your finance is fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I am currently living in the UK and have done since December 28th 2010. I moved here to live with my boyfriend (Who is Australian but on the 5 year ancestory VISA). We have dated since Jan 2010, lived together from April - Aug 2010 and Dec 2010 - Present. My Visa ends on the 28th December 2012 and I would like to stay here with my Boyfriend. I have a great job which is another reason I want to stay. Can I go onto his visa as a partner. We have proof of address for LOndon, We have had a joint bank account for 6 months, we both earn over £18,000 each.

Help if you can?

Regard

D
At Joppa, On the UKBA site it says that I cannot switch my Visa - does this mean that I should just go home and it it from Australia - Obviously quite scared about spending money on a visa I may not be entitled to.

·
Registered
38,982 Posts
At Joppa, On the UKBA site it says that I cannot switch my Visa - does this mean that I should just go home and it it from Australia - Obviously quite scared about spending money on a visa I may not be entitled to.
You can't switch to another points-based system of leave or a visitor status, but can switch to a dependant of ancestry visa holder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Joppa,

Thank you for your help. I think that trying to switch to a dependant of ancestory visa holder sounds like the nest option. Is it me or my partner who would apply? Does he apply and add me as his dependant? Sorry if I am asking the same question I have been given so much information around this and I have also called UKBA who have told me there is nothing I can do, so I am just making sure before I go ahead and do anything that I am giving myself the best possible chance of staying here in the UK as I love it here.

Thanks again for your help. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been in the same situation.

Damon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Damon,
Just wondering how you went getting a visa as a dependent on your partner's ancestry visa?
Did you both have to return to Australia to apply?
Was there anything tricky you encountered?
I'm about to do the same and interested to hear of your experience.
Thanks Kate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.