Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to apply for the Youth Mobility Scheme. I am under 30, Canadian citizen and meet all the criteria for the scheme. I have never applied for this visa or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category.

However, previously I have held a student visa, a post-grad work visa (tier 1), a spousal visa and a renewed spousal visa (NB: I have only been in the UK for 8 years so am not eligible for the 10 year residency naturalization). I am currently on the spousal visa which expires in 6 months and I do not wish to renew it as I feel the relationship may have run its course.

While I meet all the criteria for the youth mobility scheme, the application asks for my permanent address (I live in London) and my current employment (I am in full-time employment in London). And I wondered if this could play against me and my application.

I would travel to Canada and apply from there (which is also a visa condition).

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Thanking you in advance!
Isabelle

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
You should be ok. Your current and previous UK stay is immaterial.
But how long you have been under spouse leave? Because returning on Tier 5 YMS visa breaks your UK residence and the visa doesn't count towards settlement. If you only have a short time left for 5-year residence and you aren't going through divorce, keeping your formal relationship going till ILR has much to commend itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.