Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is because the sun is behind the satellite constellation and is drowning the signal with solar radiation. It will come back on in a minute.

It will happen again tomorrow and for the next few days at the same time.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
What??? Nothing like that has happened here, so I think I might just not be getting the joke??? It does happen at my age...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Are you still having the same problem?? I have never heard of this before. And we do get a lot of sun here...

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you still having the same problem?? I have never heard of this before. And we do get a lot of sun here...
Try watching your telly at 10.35 tomorrow (avoiding Jeremy Kyle like the plague:rolleyes:).

You will see that it goes off for 5 minutes and then comes back on.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Try watching your telly at 10.35 tomorrow (avoiding Jeremy Kyle like the plague:rolleyes:).

You will see that it goes off for 5 minutes and then comes back on.
Ok will do that, but just in case I forget I've set the box to record a programme at that time. Just over an hour to go and I am shaking with anticipation. For those five long minutes of no life, I have my Kindle ready....

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope I've got the time right - you seem a little over excited thrax.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
10 minutes to go and nothing has happened so far... Well, it's one of the most exciting Monday mornings I've had in a while. It's the antici..............................

pation that's getting to me...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Everything was fine, no disruption at all...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Interesting but I can't get it to work either... It tells me when the outage might occur but I think I will just leave the TV on and see if anything happens....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts