Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Administrator
52,333 Posts
Didn't understand a word....are there any subtitles !
You gotta love the accent! Then again, when my parents came to visit me in the UK, I sat them down in front of the telly to watch Eastenders. They couldn't understand a word of that, either - but they did really like Ar'fur (back in the days when he was on the show).

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
You gotta love the accent! Then again, when my parents came to visit me in the UK, I sat them down in front of the telly to watch Eastenders. They couldn't understand a word of that, either - but they did really like Ar'fur (back in the days when he was on the show).
Didn't you like your parents,? making them watch that dross:ROFLMAO:(y)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I was too young to appreciate him when he was still with us.

This one will liven up your Christmas Party, sorry, 'Gathering'. 🤣

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
2,043 Posts
Not a big fan boiler except for this one Perfect pop.......

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
2,043 Posts
He's Marmite, I know. No sweat mate, just thought he might be near your manor🤣

Well he was born the wrong side of the river but moved to Wimbledon , which is where I went to high school.....died not that far away also, but I think he was a bit of a mess by then.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Well he was born the wrong side of the river but moved to Wimbledon , which is where I went to high school.....died not that far away also, but I think he was a bit of a mess by then.
What it is, is, there was a programme on earlier on SLY Arts about his life and where he lived, and, as an ignorant Brummie, whos only been to football grounds in London, I presumed you'd know him🤣🤣, no, I mean it showed parts of London, Its like Slade(y) you know.

Years ago,when I went to America, a bloke stopped me when he heard my accent, and said "where in the UK are from boy", I said Birmingham, He said....."oh I've got a cousin who lives there, I wonder if you know him":ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
What it is, is, there was a programme on earlier on SLY Arts about his life and where he lived, and, as an ignorant Brummie, whos only been to football grounds in London, I presumed you'd know him🤣🤣, no, I mean it showed parts of London, Its like Slade(y) you know.

Years ago,when I went to America, a bloke stopped me when he heard my accent, and said "where in the UK are from boy", I said Birmingham, He said....."oh I've got a cousin who lives there, I wonder if you know him":ROFLMAO:
I don't know anyone boiler. Apparently Paul Merton was in the year below me at school . Haven't the foggiest who he was that is my closest claim to fame.......

Reactions: boilerman

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
gone quiet again....I hate Christmas anyway....so not the most attractive man but a true Irish poet in the best tradition . He wrote some brilliant songs about London......

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
gone quiet again....I hate Christmas anyway....so not the most attractive man but a true Irish poet in the best tradition . He wrote some brilliant songs about London......

Excellent choices(y)

I'm not allowed to dislike xmas, so I'm moving to Israel🤣

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
surely it's this

or this

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
161 - 180 of 220 Posts