Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
All our boys and girls turned up for xmas lunch and were queuing up to put their favourite music on the sound system.
One group particularly pleased me: Dead South - The Dead South
labelled "easy listening for jerks" - took me back to Bob Dylan's "Desire" album - that kind of sound

Closer to home, French duo Délinquante

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
All our boys and girls turned up for xmas lunch and were queuing up to put their favourite music on the sound system.
One group particularly pleased me: Dead South - The Dead South
labelled "easy listening for jerks" - took me back to Bob Dylan's "Desire" album - that kind of sound

Closer to home, French duo Délinquante
Nice choices Poloss, thanks(y)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
You're doing a good job keeping the forum alive with some fine threads ;)
Nice of you to say so, thanks, but I'm not really doing much, its the rest of you that make it interesting, especially with music. I've learnt so much(y)

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
2,043 Posts
Now, I give you, the queen

I was lucky enough to see Joni Mitchell live once in Golden Gate Park back in late September 2011. There used to be a music festival there every year. It was only a 45min set or so but she was superb.

Reactions: boilerman

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
2,043 Posts
I was lucky enough to see Joni Mitchell live once in Golden Gate Park back in late September 2011. There used to be a music festival there every year. It was only a 45min set or so but she was superb.
You need to unlike me. I am talking complete rollocks. It wasn't Joni Mitchell but Joan Baez. What a plank.........

·
Registered
405 Posts
There is still a music festival in Golden Gate Park. My son lives close to the park now and this fall he was telling me he could hear Lizzo's entire set quite clearly through his open window. Slightly different sort of lineup these days though Conky, assuming this is the same one you remember.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Joni Mitchell was touring the UK after her great album "Blue" came out.
I overshot my school train stop through to Waterloo, sprinted to the queue at the Royal Festival Hall
and got my ticket for a front row seat.
I probably missed out on some vital knowledge in maths, history and French
but I made the gig and it's still etched in my mind

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
There is still a music festival in Golden Gate Park. My son lives close to the park now and this fall he was telling me he could hear Lizzo's entire set quite clearly through his open window. Slightly different sort of lineup these days though Conky, assuming this is the same one you remember.

No it's not that one Barb, It's the HSB or Hardly strictly Bluegrass which is at the start of October. It still goes on I believe.....it was this one in 2010 not 2011.

Reactions: BarbTF

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Joni Mitchell was touring the UK after her great album "Blue" came out.
I overshot my school train stop through to Waterloo, sprinted to the queue at the Royal Festival Hall
and got my ticket for a front row seat.
I probably missed out on some vital knowledge in maths, history and French
but I made the gig and it's still etched in my mind
Not a waste at all then:)(y)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
A bit of piste, this is not actually the full song nd I am not a Coldplay fan, but this always brings a tear to my eye.....Happy new year .

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
A bit of piste, this is not actually the full song nd I am not a Coldplay fan, but this always brings a tear to my eye.....Happy new year .

Brilliant conky, just brilliant and just shows there are good people out there(y)

181 - 200 of 220 Posts