Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
This actually isn't that embarrassing, because I'm not easily embarrassed, but on one of my first flights, I went to Amsterdam, and as the crew are strolling through the airport with our cases, one of the girls rushes to catch up to me and tells me something is coming out of my case. Of course I find pink underwear snagged out of my bag! The belts messed with my bag a bit and luckily that's all that was affected.. and I'm sure the patrons in the Amsterdam airport enjoyed that one...

There, your turn! :p

·
Registered
572 Posts
I was on a Ryanair flight once, in the front row, aisle seat, so basically no bulkhead in front of me, facing the crew seat (seat 1C for those that can visualise).

Made the mistake of falling asleep, then dreamt about playing as goalkeeper for my local team.

I woke up just as I hurled myself to my right to stop a shot on goal and almost assaulted the passenger across the aisle.

Luckily it was a guy in his 50's and and he accepted my humble apologies and explanation...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not my most embarrasing moment (I'll consider sharing if you do Petrolhead) but I am ashamed to admit that yesterday morning I had to check my car manual TO FIND THE BONNET* RELEASE. And then it took me about another 5 minutes to find the screenwash cap. Perhaps one to add to the "you know you've been in Dubai too long when..." list!

*hood for the Americans among us :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not my most embarrasing moment (I'll consider sharing if you do Petrolhead) but I am ashamed to admit that yesterday morning I had to check my car manual TO FIND THE BONNET* RELEASE. And then it took me about another 5 minutes to find the screenwash cap. Perhaps one to add to the "you know you've been in Dubai too long when..." list!

...as long as you didnt use the 7IO cap...:D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Katie, am mentally anguished about whether to broadcast or not. Happened nearly 2 years ago and I still cringe thinking about it now :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts