Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I'm a young girl living in Dubai and has done so for the last 4 months.
I miss some company in my life here - mostly in my age as i know a lot of people 5-10 years older than me here.
I thought, maybe we could do some stuff together (watching movies, go shopping, to cafés, go out etc.).

Anyone up for it?

xx Cecilie

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I think that's an awkward age to meet people here, those moving here to work will tend to be older than that, and ex-pat families here are likely to send their kids back to their home countries for university around that age group. Good luck though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think that's an awkward age to meet people here, those moving here to work will tend to be older than that, and ex-pat families here are likely to send their kids back to their home countries for university around that age group. Good luck though!
Maybe, and thats why i'm asking ;-)
I am not here with my family, but almost on my own.
Why even reply a topic if you are not interested? I don't get it...

oh, and.. It's not all people who has to go to university/college and stuff.. Me, f.x didn't do it..

·
Registered
24 Posts

oh, and.. It's not all people who has to go to university/college and stuff.. Me, f.x didn't do it..
In any case, he is right though.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi everyone.
I'm a young girl living in Dubai and has done so for the last 4 months.
I miss some company in my life here - mostly in my age as i know a lot of people 5-10 years older than me here.
I thought, maybe we could do some stuff together (watching movies, go shopping, to cafés, go out etc.).

Anyone up for it?

xx Cecilie
i feel i'm 100 years old LOL

good luck though.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
He's just trying to be helpful :) I agree with him, most people I've met have been on their mid twenties and above.

Have you tried joining sports clubs or classes? (rock climbing, etc.)? Maybe you'll have some success there. Or you could always try Barasti...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's just trying to be helpful :) I agree with him, most people I've met have been on their mid twenties and above.

Have you tried joining sports clubs or classes? (rock climbing, etc.)? Maybe you'll have some success there. Or you could always try Barasti...
Barasti was fun when there wasn't too crowded. Now i don't feel like going there.
I work in a Fitness studio so i get my workout here, don't wanna do more.
Well, I have met people my age, so it isn't impossible, they are just not my type of people.

But thanks tho...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i feel i'm 100 years old LOL

good luck though.
Why? It's not that I don't like hanging with people above 25, my husband is 28. I just miss some people to talk to - when you reach 25, it's like the personal stuff doesn't matter anymore. But to me it does, and I need it. I left all my friends in Denmark when I left, so I'm quite alone.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Why? It's not that I don't like hanging with people above 25, my husband is 28. I just miss some people to talk to - when you reach 25, it's like the personal stuff doesn't matter anymore. But to me it does, and I need it. I left all my friends in Denmark when I left, so I'm quite alone.
see... the thing is... i'm WAY above 25 yo :)

seriously speaking, why don't you pm me your contact number, and i'll tell you when my girlfriends and i go out at the weekends.

mind you though, we're old crones :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm 22.

I'm use to it now, all my friends are 25-31 !

--------

Speaking of rock climbing, what great fun, lizzy do you go to WAFI?

·
Registered
689 Posts
im 28 but feel like 21 (& act even more childishly)

we should totally hang out :) join us for a movie or drinks or dinner sometime?

·
Registered
28 Posts
hii, I am 20 and from the UK....Most people i have met here are older then me...not that its a problem as age really does not mean a lot here which is great! but sometimes people of different ages talk about different things and may have different interests or be at different stages in their life so always good to interact with ppl your own age to!

I miss a lot of friends i had in the UK to!so feel free to contact me or add me on facebook :) my email is on my profile! (I'm female by the way my name doesn't give it away) lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi

I am also a young girl, 23 :) I would love to meet up when I come in March. I have lived in Latvia for three years and it was hard meeting people in my age here as well. Most of my friends here have been older so it would be fun to hang out with some younger girls in Dubai now and then. :)

Tess

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
hey...

I am 33, but my wife is 24. So I guess you can hang out with my wife,..no worries I wont stick around when you pay us a visit lol !!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
If any of you young girls are dyslexic, I am 23. Haha, I couldnt resist. :D

Best of luck on your search though. I agree with Gavtek, I would imagine that not many under 25 year olds here in Dubai living on their own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I mainly stay in Abu Dhabi on the weekdays but thursday evenings, friday and saturday i am back in dubai. yes driving is always on the agenda, a bit tiring though but gotta be careful of all the crazy drivers out there.

if you would like to go to the coolest places in dubai you could join my cousin and me as we take our car some days and just go out there, get lost and find our way back home :) its a bit fun sometimes.

going to the mall, movies, dine ins, sometimes the clubs, thers a lot you could do if you had good company.

i just turned 23 a few days ago btw, if you would like to join, let me know.

Mohit

·
Registered
51 Posts
I mainly stay in Abu Dhabi on the weekdays but thursday evenings, friday and saturday i am back in dubai. yes driving is always on the agenda, a bit tiring though but gotta be careful of all the crazy drivers out there.

if you would like to go to the coolest places in dubai you could join my cousin and me as we take our car some days and just go out there, get lost and find our way back home :) its a bit fun sometimes.

going to the mall, movies, dine ins, sometimes the clubs, thers a lot you could do if you had good company.

i just turned 23 a few days ago btw, if you would like to join, let me know.

Mohit
Hi,

Just curious, are you a girl or a guy? :)

1 - 20 of 201 Posts