Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There.

My name is Aaron, im 19 and currently doing an apprenticeship in webdesign and customer service. I have a strong list of qualifications that consist of high GCSEs' between B-C and Alevels A-C. In addition to these qualificationsIi have a years worth of university points.

My apprenticeship has only just started, but for a long time I have been considering moving to America to become a US citizen. I am hoping that when I am fully qualified and after 5 or so years of experience in the web design industry I can achieve this goal. But before I start getting too excited I would like to ask you a couple of questions;

Will my qualifications be adequate to achieve my dream?
What are the costs involved in becoming a US citizen?

The owner of the company I am working for has large plans for expansion. He is capable, seeing as he used to own a large recruitment agency which got killed off when the economy went downhill. I have been told that as it grows my position within the company will expand also.

Currently there is the owner (accountant) the director (a web designer) and three apprentices (including myself) within this small company. But it hasnt been running for long and the MD plans on having roughly 30 more employees under us. If this was to become the case, i would enquire to him in the future about possibly opening a branch company in america managed by myself where further expansion would occur.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any input

Regards
Aaron

:)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
What are the costs involved in becoming a US citizen
I'd guess for some people it's the 5 years living in the US as a permanent resident, though I've known people take longer than that under non-immigrant status to acquire permanent residency.

Your question has no answer! Nobody makes it to citizen without being a permanent resident is your first clue for where you want to aim. Your chances: very slim. I'd suggest you finish your degree to boost them to pretty slim, or complete a masters to get to slim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd guess for some people it's the 5 years living in the US as a permanent resident, though I've known people take longer than that under non-immigrant status to acquire permanent residency.

Your question has no answer! Nobody makes it to citizen without being a permanent resident is your first clue for where you want to aim. Your chances: very slim. I'd suggest you finish your degree to boost them to pretty slim, or complete a masters to get to slim.
Thanks for your answer FB

Is it really that hard to get in? Thats the problem with England, we are overcrowded, the country is dull and anybody who wants to come gets in for nothing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts