Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Good people

Im Tumelo, 24 yrs of age and willing be heading to France in August, will be there for 2yrs for post grad studies.

I just feel that I might find myself not fitting in and homesick. Im just wondering how easy it is to assimilate into the french culture, especially being black and young. Is it easy to make friends or even get into a relationship with a French lady, coz two years is quite a long period. Do I stick to my own when I get there or what....

Im a bit overwhemed at the moment...need some1 to walk with me. It would be great if its a lady even:)

·
Administrator
49,095 Posts
In a university environment, you should have no difficulty fitting in with your fellow students as long as your French is up to the task. Look for the various student clubs and associations once you get settled in. (Depends a bit on your subject and where you'll be studying, but most universities have plenty of activities.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bev

@ the moment I can't even hold a conversation but will be starting lessons soon and that side too. Will take your advice and search for student networks.

If any knows any please suggest.

Tumlo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.