Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the information I am getting from here, but now hoping to get some answers to my own situation, may I have help please!

I am on the YMS due to expire in May 2014, applying for the unmarried partner visa.

This is my situation;
- together with British partner for 4.5 years
- can prove over 2 years cohabitation, but 4 months of this 2 years is travel together
- have lived together for over 3.5 years, between Australia and UK, all can be proved
- my British partner can prove the £18k+ pa financial requirement
- I am working also, earning £18k+ pa
- we are reside in the UK, and applying from within UK
- will apply in person

Please can someone help me with these questions;
1. What form do I use - VAF 4A or FLR(M)?
2. Will the 4 months of travel count to cohabitation? I have all e-tickets and passport stamps to show our travel together.

Thanks x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks nyclon.

At the end of my YMS in May 2014 it will be 2 years of continuous cohabitation, is it possible that I can apply say 2 month prior to my YMS expiring, and the 2 months assumed living together will count?

Also, when I first arrived to UK I lived with my boyfriend at his parents for a few months, we have evidence (bank statements, my tax docs) that we lived together and his parents can confirm our stay, will this be accepted?

Thanks x

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I suggest you apply as close as possible to your Tier 5 expiration, maybe up to a couple of weeks before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggest you apply as close as possible to your Tier 5 expiration, maybe up to a couple of weeks before.
I landed in the UK on 13 May 2012, and my YMS expires 12 May 2014. Since 13 May 2012 I have been living with my boyfriend.

I will apply for the unmarried partner visa as close to expiry as possible.. This will be accepted as two years, yes?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I landed in the UK on 13 May 2012, and my YMS expires 12 May 2014. Since 13 May 2012 I have been living with my boyfriend.

I will apply for the unmarried partner visa as close to expiry as possible.. This will be accepted as two years, yes?
No one can predict whether your application will be successful. Th closer you are living together for 2 years, the stronger your application will be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.