Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all,

Just to say YIPEE!! got our tickets today:clap2:. flying on Monday 18th Jan. So loads of shopping to do. Come on xmas and new year sales. Although I doubt if we'll be able to get summer stuff... LOL

xx Satty:love:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Another step closer to Oz!

From what I hear it'll be a BIG difference between the weather here and the weather in the UK!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hey congratulations.. yayyyyyyy
so when does your mom get back? u get to c her before u leave?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another step closer to Oz!

From what I hear it'll be a BIG difference between the weather here and the weather in the UK!
Thanks Kaz, here it's snowing and bitterly cold. It looks like we'll have our last white xmas... I'm not a winter person as my mood goes low so can't wait to start summer in OZ.

xx :love:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey congratulations.. yayyyyyyy
so when does your mom get back? u get to c her before u leave?
Thanks Anj, I don't get to c her as she doesn't get back to UK til March / April but she's coming over in December. She knew what was going on and had wished us well. Also speak to her every other day as she's the one who advises where to buy my stuff from and what to take etc. She's still being "mum" even far away.... that's what I love about her..

The hardest person to say bye to will be my little sister as I know there'll be tears.

xx

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:) dont worry, u will do great, with the goodbyes and with all the packing, moving yada yada...

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Good luck Satty,

Get Christmas and New Year over with and you'll be like a mad woman getting everything organised and sorted :lol:

Dolly

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:) dont worry, u will do great, with the goodbyes and with all the packing, moving yada yada...
Hmmm, it's strange isn't it. We all desperatly want to go, we then get excited when the visa is granted, more excited when we book our tickets and then as we get closer we get emotional..... i'm a softie at heart so have taken the advice on this forum and am not letting anyone see us off at the airport. Don't know if the waterproof mascara will hold....lol

xx:love:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck Satty,

Get Christmas and New Year over with and you'll be like a mad woman getting everything organised and sorted :lol:

Dolly
Thanks Dolly, i've got 3 copies of your checklist printed out. 1 in my handbag, 1 on the fridge door and 1 taped on the wall in front of the computer. Looking at it I feel calm and organised but that'll fly out of the window as we get closer. Luckily, everything seems to have fallen into place so far with dates and all. Do you remeber the xmas and Jan sales? the rush etc..... yeah, not looking forward to that. Did tell Mark I'll happily shop when we get to OZ as just finished my xmas shopping and don't want to face that again. All these well-mannered Brits turn into animals when there's a sale on.....lol

xx:love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts