Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am currently in Brazil. I have been here for nearly two months. After about a month in Brazil, I realized that I had forgotten my BRP at home in the UK. I had it posted to Brazil as soon as I could get a hold of somebody (I used Royal Mail - apparently, DHL or FedEx would have been better). However, it has not yet arrived. I am scheduled to fly back to the UK in five days. I am wondering what I can do, if anything. I could apply for a replacement BRP visa but I have read that it can take up to two weeks. Is there anything else I can do besides seeing if I can be allowed to board the plane and begging the Border Force to verify my identity and let me in.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Pity you used Royal Mail. Once the packet leaves UK, it is handed to the local postal service whose efficiency and reliability you are totally reliant on.
Depending on your nationality, i.e. whether you are visa-national or not, you may be denied boarding the UK-bound flight without BRP. Even if you are allowed, you are totally dependent on Border Force officer you happen to meet whether you are let in or not. They aren't obliged to use the procedure for ID and status check and can just turn you away, as an inadequately documented passenger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. What do you think is the best way to explain my story so that they will be more sympathetic? Keep calling myself stupid for forgetting my BRP and so on?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Are you a visa national? Then without BRP you won't even be allowed to board your UK-bound flight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. As expected, the board did not allow me to board the plane. Right now, I am applying for the replacement BRP visa. I have an appointment in two days where I have to submit "supporting documents". They direct you to this website: www(.)gov(.)uk(/)browse(/)visas-immigration (Can't post link due to low post count - remove the brackets) for a guide to the documents. I amd having a hard time finding this guide. Anybody know how to access it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.