Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the Cypriot postal 'service' has a 'last posting date' for Xmas mail to the UK, please? Google only comes up with the Royal Mail however you phrase the search!

I guess the sensible answer would be 'the sooner the better' as a letter from Nicosia to me at Pissouri took 11 days, but the information would be helpful.

Thank you and a Merry Xmas to all, :D

David

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
You must post as soon as possible. Every year this topic is hotly complained about with the Cyprus Mail blaming the Royal Mail and vice-versa.

Don't be surprised if cards sent well in time from the UK don't reach you until February or even later or cards sent from here take only 3 or 4 days.

The source of delays is never clear. There are choices of excuses such as: The plane was full so they were sent via Greece or Timbuktu; They are stuck in a warehouse in Limassol; Your local post operative is a lazy git.

Above all, don't forget that the main Post Office workers are all public sector employees and a full days work is a concept beyond their comprehension.

Pete

G

·
You must post as soon as possible. Every year this topic is hotly complained about with the Cyprus Mail blaming the Royal Mail and vice-versa.

Don't be surprised if cards sent well in time from the UK don't reach you until February or even later or cards sent from here take only 3 or 4 days.

The source of delays is never clear. There are choices of excuses such as: The plane was full so they were sent via Greece or Timbuktu; They are stuck in a warehouse in Limassol; Your local post operative is a lazy git.

Above all, don't forget that the main Post Office workers are all public sector employees and a full days work is a concept beyond their comprehension.

Pete
It is always the same. Our packages from Germany now have a average delivery time about 35 days. DHL.

Anders

·
Registered
114 Posts
Use Moonpig.com if you want to get round this. Lots of choice (not always of my liking though), but it's the thought that counts

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone - your points and advice noted! Personal experience with Amazon has been about 14 days for delivery, with DHL about 5 - 7 days, UPS (to the door) 2 days. For Xmas I think we will go with Moonpig (who we use for birthday cards) particularly as I have just received a half-price offer from them for 5 or more Xmas cards!

Merry Xmas,

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts