Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Hi can recommend a good Xmas dinner for about 15 including few kids n babies Many thanks
I prefer Turkey to kids and babies. More of a traditionalist myself, rather than one of these modern cannibal types ;)

And I am certainly not going to recommend anywhere where I am likely to come up against a rowdy table of 15 including kids when I know you won't keep them quiet and under control :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bah, Humbug - I hope all you grumpy McScrooges are staying home for Christmas Dinner :)

We've gone to Beachcombers the last couple of years with all the family visiting and children in tow. The food seems to keep everyone happy and we ask for a table outside - the hooligans are then free to run around on the sandy area away from everyone or the grassy area as long as we can see them. That rule is pretty redundant though as the adults of the group invariable start/join in a game of footie!

xx

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rascal been home for some Xmas, dinner at a friends once and at home once when we had a newborn. Wanted some advice, that's what this place is for.

Fickle miss, thanks will look

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really? Give that man a award.
Someone else is looking too just trying to help them, this site just doesn't wanna help it seems 😮

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
In fairness, it's far too early to think about Christmas in the middle of summer. Would you be impressed around Christmas time if I asked about Iftars?

Let us know where you end up booking so that we can avoid the noisy 15+ table.
:D

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
But if you want to get a table for 15 people at one of the top venues like Al Qasr or Bubbalicious you'll need to get it booked before the end of August.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Felix is right, for the more popular places or big tables you need to book in August and pay in October - we managed Beachcombers our first year only because people didn't cough up the cash in October.

If family are booking flights then why not book a table to be sure??

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Qofe if you asked about ifters I wouldn't be impressed or un impressed if I could help out I would its up to you what you ask when.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts