Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone out there know of english or english speaking builders merchants/suppliers in or near to Xativa? I would appreciate any advice at all. Many thanks

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Hi, does anyone out there know of english or english speaking builders merchants/suppliers in or near to Xativa? I would appreciate any advice at all. Many thanks
There aren't any!

However, ask any questions you like and I should be able to answer them for you.

(I live in Ontinyent which is not far from Xativa).

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
If you Google British builders Javea or British builders Xàbia you'll find some. They may or may not be any good, I have no idea.
A lot of people recommend using Spanish builders who know the local building methods and requirements better...
Hmmmm.

Not a lot of good when the OP is looking for a Builders yard / building supplier (as opposed to an actual builder)!

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Hmmmm.

Not a lot of good when the OP is looking for a Builders yard / building supplier (as opposed to an actual builder)!
Hmmmm
The second hit on my search is for a British builders yard.
It wouldn't be my first choice as there area lot more Spanish yards I presume, but if that's what he wants....

·
Administrator
36,387 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to everyone that has replied to my post - I am surprised at how helpful everyone is, I really appreciate it. Has anyone had experience of good English being spoken at any of the Spanish builders merchants in or nearby to Xativa?

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Thank you to everyone that has replied to my post - I am surprised at how helpful everyone is, I really appreciate it. Has anyone had experience of good English being spoken at any of the Spanish builders merchants in or nearby to Xativa?
See post #2

This is quite a rural part of Spain. As such, little English is spoken - mainly Valenciano and Spanish.

At our builder's merchant in Ontinyent, there is a lady who tries to speak English - she helps my Spanish (for technical words) and I try and help her English.

What do you need and what are you trying to do?

When all else fails, my wife is an interpreter and translator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I may very well be asking your wife if she needs some interpreter work!!

I wandered if anyone could recommend an english speaking pool cleaner/maintenance person or company in Xativa? I am coming up with nothing on the web & am looking to employ someone regularly - any advice would be hugely appreciated! thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts