Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

so, I want to open a paypal account from here (Dubai) and I understand it can't just be tied to and verified from any bank, but it has to be a US bank here.

So far, I can only count 3 american banks here, with CitiBank being one of them.

Was anyone successful in opening up their paypal acc here, and if so, which bank would you recommend here that paypal already approves of?

Nirvana

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
HSBC and/or Barclays...

Doesn't always have to be a US Bank.

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum
Dude, you sure?

I've checked at paypal's site, and it says for UAE residents, it HAS to be a US bank.

EDIT: checked again, and it didn't specifically say a US bank acc to open a PP acc,
but it is referring to withdrawal:

Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:

To your credit, debit, or prepaid card.
To your US bank account.

·
Registered
100 Posts
^ Mr Rossi just nailed it.

However they DO have a bug on the site. In one section, it asks you to add a Visa card or Mastercard. However, you can only add a Visa. This was an issue when I was in Estonia. Not sure if this issue exists in all countries though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's weird..usually paypal has a quick and easy verification process..if you have a credit card of any sort..they ask you for the details and charge $1.95..when you see that $1.95 on your statement there will be a 4 digit code next to it, this code has to be typed in a small area asking for the code. After the the $1.95 will be refunded into your account and your paypal account will be verified and limits increased.

PS: Did you go to paypal the actual US site or did you go to Paypal.ae the UAE website??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a PayPal account using my Emirates NBD credit card.
Gavtek: How do you withdraw money from your PP account?

I make sales of small graphics design so I get funds in my paypal account.

I have a PP verified account as well with my barclays VISA Credit Card. I know they say they will transfer the funds from Paypal to my credit card and those funds will stand as Credit over my card (positive balance).

Do you or anyone have experience of withdrawing those funds to your bank account or what so ever process to get that money in your hand?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How to Withdraw Money from Paypal Dubai?

How do you withdraw money from your PP account?

I have a PP verified account as well with my barclays VISA Credit Card. I know they say they will transfer the funds from Paypal to my credit card and those funds will stand as Credit over my card (positive balance).

Do you or anyone have experience of withdrawing those funds to your bank account or what so ever process to get that money in your hand?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do you withdraw money from your PP account?

I'm about to get mine soon.

According to Paypal's rules, in the UAE, You can withdraw your money through one of the following options:

- To your credit, debit, or prepaid card.
- To your US bank account.

So, if you wanna withdraw your funds directly to your bank account, your bank should be a US bank. If not, you can only withdraw to your credit, debit or prepaid card.

There are a few US banks here... CitiBank and American Express come to mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm about to get mine soon.

According to Paypal's rules, in the UAE, You can withdraw your money through one of the following options:

- To your credit, debit, or prepaid card.
- To your US bank account.

So, if you wanna withdraw your funds directly to your bank account, your bank should be a US bank. If not, you can only withdraw to your credit, debit or prepaid card.

There are a few US banks here... CitiBank and American Express come to mind.
I think by US Bank they mean the bank account has to be in US?
While adding a bank in PP they ask for routing number so how could this be possible you enter a US routing number and account number of UAE!

Still if you gets this to work then do let me know please.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The account on the end of a debit card is usually your current account and so a credit to your debit card should add funds to your account.

If you're worried about it why not just try a $10 withdrawal and see what happens and then you'll know for sure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think by US Bank they mean the bank account has to be in US?
While adding a bank in PP they ask for routing number so how could this be possible you enter a US routing number and account number of UAE!

Still if you gets this to work then do let me know please.
No man, I meant the bank should be an AMERICAN bank. Founded in the US by American owners, but has a branch here.

A couple are: CitiBank and American Express banks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New UPDATE:

Contacted paypal, and they said the withdrawal to a US bank acc option is only valid for banks in US soil. Not US banks' branches here.

So basically, we are screwed. We only have the option to withdraw to our credit cards or debit cards. Sucks, eh? ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
New UPDATE:

Contacted paypal, and they said the withdrawal to a US bank acc option is only valid for banks in US soil. Not US banks' branches here.

So basically, we are screwed. We only have the option to withdraw to our credit cards or debit cards. Sucks, eh? ;)
Yes it was obvious, when adding the bank it says (Banks in US) makes that pretty clear.

I have contacted some banks in Dubai and got their confirmation regarding the same, they says that if paypal will transfer any funds into your credit card then it will be adjusted in your bill and if any +ve balance is left then that can be credited to your back account on special request. And its still a good option as even if its adjusted in your cc bill its still your own money vise versa...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it was obvious, when adding the bank it says (Banks in US) makes that pretty clear.
Yeah, but I haven't yet attempted to open a paypal acc, so haven't seen that message. They however told me they have submitted this feature request and it should be added in future. So wait for 5 - 7 years maybe if God blesses.

I have contacted some banks in Dubai and got their confirmation regarding the same, they says that if paypal will transfer any funds into your credit card then it will be adjusted in your bill and if any +ve balance is left then that can be credited to your back account on special request. And its still a good option as even if its adjusted in your cc bill its still your own money vise versa...
Thanks for the news. Might be good, but it's still kind of a hassle. They've also told me that your bank acc should not be in USD. Not sure how close to truth that is, since paypal's support team acts, speaks and writes as if they are robots who haven't properly taken the time to read your inquiry.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.