Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is on behalf of my friend,,she just received her fiance visa right now but the validity is 24/11/2013 to 24/06/2016.....i think ukba done a mistake on her visa..... marriage visa its up to six months right? plss advice guys

thanks

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Yes, it seems like an error. What does the visa say? It should state 'Marriage/CP'. If it says 'Spouse/CP', then they have made a mistake. Even then, the validity of 31 months is puzzling.
Contact the visa station immediately and get it changed. You can send an email under the complaint section.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it seems like an error. What does the visa say? It should state 'Marriage/CP'. If it says 'Spouse/CP', then they have made a mistake. Even then, the validity of 31 months is puzzling.
Contact the visa station immediately and get it changed. You can send an email under the complaint section.
hello sir joppa!

it states on her visa MARRIAGE VISA /CP VALID 24/11/2014 to 24/06/2016..... if my friend will not contact ukba and fly to uk is there would be a problem in the airport?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
hello sir joppa!

it states on her visa MARRIAGE VISA /CP VALID 24/11/2014 to 24/06/2016..... if my friend will not contact ukba and fly to uk is there would be a problem in the airport?

Thanks
Yes, it's entirely possible that there will be a problem at immigration. They could ask for the marriage certificate or proof of civil partnership, for example. Your friend needs to get this fixed before travelling.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it's entirely possible that there will be a problem at immigration. They could ask for the marriage certificate or proof of civil partnership, for example. Your friend needs to get this fixed before travelling.

ok sir thanks!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It's fiancée visa ok, but has wrong validity on it. As I've said, contact the visa station immediately and seek their advice/guidance.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
They may tell your friend to use the visa, pointing out the wrong validity, or it must be re-issued. I think they will insist on re-issuing it, and pretty quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.