Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After speaking to a couple of lawyers and having lost a lot of trust in them, I'd be happy to receive your thoughts, ideas about the issues I am currently facing.

My wife and I came to Australia last year after contacting a migration lawyer and getting a positive advise in 2015. I am a cabinet maker and she is an English & French teacher. After some months of travels, my wife studied here in Australia for 6 months, in the meantime I was working in a shopfitting company. In 2017 I got a sponsorship offer by the owner of that company. The immigration lawyer we were working with, stated already in 2015 I needed no skills assessment for a 187 visa. This false information was again given to us in 2016 and after a consultation in 2017. We have this on tape an in an email the lawyer wrote.

Now Immigration is asking proof of my skills, while my lawyer told me I didnt need a skills assessment. We have 20 days left to provide the requested document. Immigration doesnt care about my immigration agents mistakes. A friend suggested we should try to get a 457 visa as no skills assessment is needed for this, and gain enough working experience in Australia ( I only obtained a qualification via an assessment institution in Belgium, years after working without a certificate in cabinetry) I cant request a skills assessment, because I dont have 3 years working experience POST graduation.

Can somebody advise me what the easiest steps are to go from bridging visa b to a 457 visa onshore? We have a car and a house in Australia?

Thank you very much,

Marcel

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi All,

After speaking to a couple of lawyers and having lost a lot of trust in them, I'd be happy to receive your thoughts, ideas about the issues I am currently facing.

My wife and I came to Australia last year after contacting a migration lawyer and getting a positive advise in 2015. I am a cabinet maker and she is an English & French teacher. After some months of travels, my wife studied here in Australia for 6 months, in the meantime I was working in a shopfitting company. In 2017 I got a sponsorship offer by the owner of that company. The immigration lawyer we were working with, stated already in 2015 I needed no skills assessment for a 187 visa. This false information was again given to us in 2016 and after a consultation in 2017. We have this on tape an in an email the lawyer wrote.

Now Immigration is asking proof of my skills, while my lawyer told me I didnt need a skills assessment. We have 20 days left to provide the requested document. Immigration doesnt care about my immigration agents mistakes. A friend suggested we should try to get a 457 visa as no skills assessment is needed for this, and gain enough working experience in Australia ( I only obtained a qualification via an assessment institution in Belgium, years after working without a certificate in cabinetry) I cant request a skills assessment, because I dont have 3 years working experience POST graduation.

Can somebody advise me what the easiest steps are to go from bridging visa b to a 457 visa onshore? We have a car and a house in Australia?

Thank you very much,

Marcel
Hello. Even if you receive skills assessment after you lodged the application it won't do you any good. One person on this forum had his skills assessment letter issued a day or something like this after he received his invitation and because of this DIBP denied his visa application.

Reactions: Grinningsoul123456
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.