Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Today I got my IELTS results:(:(:( and i got overall 7 band score(but 6.5 in 2 section) so i think i m NOT eligible for 175(as i needed 25 points from IELTS)...so i m think'g of quiting....:confused::confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi all,

Today I got my IELTS results:(:(:( and i got overall 7 band score(but 6.5 in 2 section) so i think i m NOT eligible for 175(as i needed 25 points from IELTS)...so i m think'g of quiting....:confused::confused:
hey.. who said you are not eligible?
even i too got 7 and got 6.5 in one, now my application status is in ending process... you'll get 15points i believe..

check again buddy...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i dont understand.. are you short of points? even if u scored less, you can always take it again..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont understand.. are you short of points? even if u scored less, you can always take it again..
yah I m short of points...I needed 25 points from IELTS(to complete 120 points for 175 as I am non-MODL)...n from 1 Jan 2010 they r changing the format(test etc)....so i m not sure if i should carry on...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey.. who said you are not eligible?
even i too got 7 and got 6.5 in one, now my application status is in ending process... you'll get 15points i believe..

check again buddy...
yah i wll get 15 points but i need 25 points from IELTS to make 120 points in 175 application...n from next year they r implementating some new rules...not sure wat....

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hold it right there.. for state sponsorship the eligibility is not 120 points. why dont u try for state sponsorship. a friend was in similar situation, she was 10 points short and applied for ACT sponsorship instead and got thru, u can also apply for regional sponsorship if your skill is in their list. dont give up.

speak to an agent, they might be able to assist you. why dont you give ielts again.. this time study and i am sure u can make it. first, speak to an agent, check regional sponsored and state sponsored list and c if you fit anywehre. they give preference to those who are short of points.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hold it right there.. for state sponsorship the eligibility is not 120 points. why dont u try for state sponsorship. a friend was in similar situation, she was 10 points short and applied for ACT sponsorship instead and got thru, u can also apply for regional sponsorship if your skill is in their list. dont give up.

speak to an agent, they might be able to assist you. why dont you give ielts again.. this time study and i am sure u can make it. first, speak to an agent, check regional sponsored and state sponsored list and c if you fit anywehre. they give preference to those who are short of points.
thanks ANJ for ur useful suggestion....state sponsorship is the next thing that i m planning..i qualify for ACT n NSW also...however i m thinking of giv'g preference to NSW as it has sydney....lets see..wat happens....anyways i wll again appear for IELTS on 23rd of Jan.....

all in all i was thinking of applying the 175 visa before this year end...n now its not happeneing...thats why i was SAD....more over from next year GOD know wat all new rules they wll apply....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi, Yes thats what i did!!!!! I was in the same position as you and was short of points and i went for the 176 and here i am in oz!! Its no different as long as you have decided where you want to be in oz as, you have to stay there for 2 years.

Dont give up you only have one dream x you can be here too, its great! ellisa

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, Yes thats what i did!!!!! I was in the same position as you and was short of points and i went for the 176 and here i am in oz!! Its no different as long as you have decided where you want to be in oz as, you have to stay there for 2 years.

Dont give up you only have one dream x you can be here too, its great! ellisa
thanks for those encourag'g words....i know its a dream n i wanna be there....but this IELTS things have put me in spot of bother as all the state(for which i qualify) ask for band 7 in IELTS....so i guess..I have to reappear for IELTS...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Dude, you need to know why you apply to go to Australia. Why not NZ? Canada? I believe if you truly knew the answer to that you would not have given up so easily.

120 cut-off is very dangerous. The CO might decide you are not entitled to some points and there goes your application fee.

Then remember, the new Sep rules is saying that non-CSL applications are unlikely to be finalized before 2012.

Sorry to pour cold water.
Read up all the facts and make your decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yes, it's exactly what i wish to say.....
If ur non CSL, even if u have ample points u would have to wait atleast till mid 2012.
And if ur in CSL u will easily cross the points test mark.
Wish some more occupations are added to CSL next year, so that majority of applicants get benefited.
Dude, you need to know why you apply to go to Australia. Why not NZ? Canada? I believe if you truly knew the answer to that you would not have given up so easily.

120 cut-off is very dangerous. The CO might decide you are not entitled to some points and there goes your application fee.

Then remember, the new Sep rules is saying that non-CSL applications are unlikely to be finalized before 2012.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey Pankaj,

Come on buddy... cheer up... I suggest you to take IELTS again, as there is no harm in trying for one more time.

Secondly, I am still not clear what rules are going to change in Jan2010?? dosen't seems like much is changing anyway.

Thirdly, if you apply for SS 176 visa, the qualifying marks will reduce. you still have more than one ways to proceed

Don't give up buddy... I got hit by DIAC last month, but still I am not giving up.. I have applied again and waiting. Cheer up man and look ahead. Let us know, if you need any help, we are always here for you..

Merry christmas

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Pankaj,

Come on buddy... cheer up... I suggest you to take IELTS again, as there is no harm in trying for one more time.

Secondly, I am still not clear what rules are going to change in Jan2010?? dosen't seems like much is changing anyway.

Thirdly, if you apply for SS 176 visa, the qualifying marks will reduce. you still have more than one ways to proceed

Don't give up buddy... I got hit by DIAC last month, but still I am not giving up.. I have applied again and waiting. Cheer up man and look ahead. Let us know, if you need any help, we are always here for you..

Merry christmas

thanks mr.india....i will be going ahead no matter what...
its just that i was not feeling very great after the IELTS results...thats why wrote that post....

but now past is past...i wll be going ahead with IELTS and hopefully wll be appying the 175 by feb end....

as far as applying for SS....i am think'g of ACT and NSW.....but the issue is that for ACT u need AUD 20K to show and for NSW they require some some specfic skill...so i m abit skeptical....

but fact of matter is wll still apply...even though it might take 2012....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

hi riversandlakes...i understood all the points and then only i made the decision to move to aussieland...it was just that i had recieved my IELTS results that day and wanted 7 band in each section but didnt get it....so was just very sad and wrote that post.....

but that i m still very sure that I wanna goto aussieland...i wll try again to give IELTS ...n this time for sure wll achieve the 7 band in each section...then it wll enable me to get 125 points for 175 visa..and as far as waiting period is concerned..i m fine it(actually i have no option:D:D)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
thanks mr.india....i will be going ahead no matter what...
its just that i was not feeling very great after the IELTS results...thats why wrote that post....

but now past is past...i wll be going ahead with IELTS and hopefully wll be appying the 175 by feb end....

as far as applying for SS....i am think'g of ACT and NSW.....but the issue is that for ACT u need AUD 20K to show and for NSW they require some some specfic skill...so i m abit skeptical....

but fact of matter is wll still apply...even though it might take 2012....

Goood Man... and for sure it is not 2012, it's just DIAC is showing the fartest side so that people don't start asking what's goign on with my application..

I am sure things will get sorted out fine.. apply for DIAC and parallely start appling for SS..

And Never looose hope..

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Just to add one more thing... Dont panic about changes in 2010. Most of these changes are for onshore (Student visas ) people applying for PR and for people who have trade occupations in their nominated occupation.
What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ic, I thought u might had taken the academic. Just practice the parts you need to improve in and I wish u better luck with the test next time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts