Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was just on the off chance, we're off to the UK in a couple of weeks so we'll have to raid Boots or whoever but thanks very much for the offer anyway

Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my last visit they didn't have tonic but did have a lot of empty shelves!!!!

Coupled with my never seeing more than one or two other customers in there it makes me wonder how long they may last.

Pete
That would be a real shame - any alternative to what little choice we have in Argaka is good.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I spoke to the owner of Cycleband / Ikoagora the other day and they've had delays in their shipments hence the empty shelves. They told me their delivery will be coming this week.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
I spoke to the owner of Cycleband / Ikoagora the other day and they've had delays in their shipments hence the empty shelves. They told me their delivery will be coming this week.
They have had empty shelves ever since they opened. The delayed delivery is just an excuse. However they do have some decent bargains.

·
Registered
739 Posts
They have had empty shelves ever since they opened. The delayed delivery is just an excuse. However they do have some decent bargains.
We popped in this morning and found the shelves reasonably well stocked and a young Asian man working hard to restock shelves. In the back area, where all the slabs of soft drinks are, there were boxes and boxes waiting to be unpacked. We like shopping there, they are unfailingly pleasant and helpful, and we wish them every success. With the demise of the Euro Shop, it is good to find another "supermarket" which offers good deals.

Of course, they didn't have our favourite coffee (sold at half what Paps sell it for) but that's life. But they did have stuff we used to buy regularly from the Euro Shop, and a two-thirds of the price. Competition is great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts