Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

This is my first thread I'm posting. I'm 23 years old and I recently graduated with a Sports & Exercise Science degree from Roehampton University, London.

I went to Australia for a month straight after I finished uni, stayed in Melbourne and I fell in love the place, and the country because of the lifestyle and weather Australia has!

Now back home, I have been looking for work; jobs which relates to my degree such as personal training, sports massage therapy, strength and conditioner etc...working with elite athletes at sports clubs, or in the leisure industry. I have also been looking to work as a physiotherapy assistant, rehabilitation assistant, occupational therapist assistant at hospitals to help me think laterally when applying as there is no obvious career path for sport scientists.

I know I have to do courses to gain the respective qualifications, so I am working part time to help fund me to do a course.

I was wandering what jobs are available for me, in my position as a sports scientist in Australia that will enable me to live and work permanately there. I want to move, get out of London. Can anyone help me, where do i go to see if there are jobs for me etc...what information does anyone have.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Many thanks
Gabriel

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hi everyone.

This is my first thread I'm posting. I'm 23 years old and I recently graduated with a Sports & Exercise Science degree from Roehampton University, London.

I went to Australia for a month straight after I finished uni, stayed in Melbourne and I fell in love the place, and the country because of the lifestyle and weather Australia has!

Now back home, I have been looking for work; jobs which relates to my degree such as personal training, sports massage therapy, strength and conditioner etc...working with elite athletes at sports clubs, or in the leisure industry. I have also been looking to work as a physiotherapy assistant, rehabilitation assistant, occupational therapist assistant at hospitals to help me think laterally when applying as there is no obvious career path for sport scientists.

I know I have to do courses to gain the respective qualifications, so I am working part time to help fund me to do a course.

I was wandering what jobs are available for me, in my position as a sports scientist in Australia that will enable me to live and work permanately there. I want to move, get out of London. Can anyone help me, where do i go to see if there are jobs for me etc...what information does anyone have.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Many thanks
Gabriel
Most famous site for job searching is SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site, try to search there.

For PR(Permanent Residence) skill assessment is first step, have a look at sticky post to find out what authority will assess your qualification.
If assessment is done then you can apply for visa.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there Gabriel,

Have a look at the "please read: helpful websites........" sticky at the top of the forum page for links to job websites.

Dolly

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dear All Respected n Valued Fellows,

I am Moving to Australia in couple of months. I am looking for assistance to have excel format for all companies HR email addresses or any business directory.

Thanks

Zubair

·
Registered
22 Posts

I am Moving to Australia in couple of months. I am looking for assistance to have excel format for all companies HR email addresses or any business directory.

Thanks

Zubair
[email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts

Thanks

Zubair

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very Good. Great idea, hijack a six year old thread and spam it, rather than start a fresh one.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

Thanks

Zubair
there is no special list, start looking at seek.com.au and linkedin. also go through the sticky posts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts