Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you get loads of posts like this, but I just don't know if I'd be viable to get a visa and move to the US.

I have relatives in Canada, but I don't think that's relevant.
I'm living in Canada at the moment as an exchange student.

I'm a British Citizen and I'm at university at the moment, but when I'm done I will (hopefully) have a degree in film and media studies.

What do you guys think?
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I'm sure you get loads of posts like this, but I just don't know if I'd be viable to get a visa and move to the US.

I have relatives in Canada, but I don't think that's relevant.
I'm living in Canada at the moment as an exchange student.

I'm a British Citizen and I'm at university at the moment, but when I'm done I will (hopefully) have a degree in film and media studies.

What do you guys think?
Thanks! :)
Welcome!

Go to this thread and look at the questions. If you answer yes to any of them, give details here.

From what you've written so far, I don't see any reason to believe you fit in any of the narrow niches that are US immigration.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I answer yes to having an academic degree, or at least I will when I finish university.
Never say never....but your pickings will be extremely thin. Suggest you excel in the UK movie industry before you could even hope for a US business to consider sponsoring your application.

Or use a Bunac J1 internship to get over for a year after you qualify if you like.....but the jump from this to a more permanent status will not be easy. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Who knows what other opportunities this might open up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts