Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
After reading some threads on people being refused on the grounds of relationship not being genuine I am a bit worried. Please advice me.

So we got married in October last year, I have not visited since our marriage. we only spent like 5 days together after marriage(do not have a photographic proof of that)

I have plenty of marriage pictures to provide(about 10 photos showing me and her together and surrounded by family)

Our only means of communication have been over skype since our marriage, btw our marriage was arranged.

I am presenting our communication by taking screenshots of skype chat history and pasting it in word document, taking random dates that sort of cover period since october 2014.

I also taken screenshot of our webcam chat and including a few screenshots of that showing me and her, all from my side, my wife does not know how to this kind of stuff so everything is from my side here in Uk.

So I have yet to apply, but do you think this is sufficient? is there something that I should include in addition to above? we dont use telephone at all cos its expensive to call.

many thanks

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Probably not enough evidence and quite high chance of a refusal.
Being an arranged marriage, they do understand you couldn't spend much time together before marriage, but now that you are married, they do expect evidence of spending some quality time together before trying to bring your spouse to UK. Can you take a holiday and spend a month or two together? Better still, like 6 months? Are there any special reasons why you cannot see your spouse? Or can you invite your partner over for a holiday?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not enough evidence and quite high chance of a refusal.
You really need to spend some quality time together before trying to bring your spouse to UK. Can you take a holiday and spend a month or two together? Better still, like 6 months? Are there any special reasons why you cannot see your spouse? Or can you invite your partner over for a holiday?
The main reason is that I have limited annual leave from work. I had spent much of my annual leave when I was in Afghanistan to get married , so most of my annual leave for 2014 was spent. Now in 2015 I have 30 days annual leave, I am saving this for her to come to the UK and also so I can go and get her and also spend some time with her while we are in the UK.

also going to see her is not cheap and not easy to organise.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
They won't be convinced with that argument. It's up to you to find time and money to keep your relationship close and they want to see evidence of that. And Afghanistan in 2015 isn't Syria. Can you meet in a neutral country? One week holiday together is better than 100 hours on Skype.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think could be good if you apply for the visitor visa and bring your wife to UK for few month lets say 3- 4 month, she will spend some time with you, and you don't need to take any holidays . It will give you some time and show that you are family to UKBA , make sure you will take photo pictures )

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They won't be convinced with that argument. It's up to you to find time and money to keep your relationship close and they want to see evidence of that. And Afghanistan in 2015 isn't Syria. Can you meet in a neutral country? One week holiday together is better than 100 hours on Skype.
also another reason is that she had to learn english otherwise I would have filled for her visa long time. It took till end of march for her to pass her english exam. Is this a good reason to provide in addition to above? is it too late for me to visit then?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think could be good if you apply for the visitor visa and bring your wife to UK for few month lets say 3- 4 month, she will spend some time with you, and you don't need to take any holidays . It will give you some time and show that you are family to UKBA , make sure you will take photo pictures )
It takes the same amount of time to prepare for the settlement visa as for visit visa. So I dont see why I should do that really? surely the ECO can see my reason for this? btw I have marriage certificate as well to prove my marriage of course

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Another thought that will occur to them is why you decided to marry in October when she hadn't passed her English test, and you had no time or money left to keep your devotion going, other than through Skype.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
That's better but follow my other pieces of advice too. Such as inviting her to spend time with you in UK as a holiday.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another thought that will occur to them is why you decided to marry in October when she hadn't passed her English test, and you had no time or money left to keep your devotion going, other than through Skype.
this was an arranged marriage, we were not in a relationship prior to our marriage. prior to this there was no plan of her to take the exam etc.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Ok, it's too bad it took her a long time to pass the test. But this won't cut any ice with Home Office. They still want hard evidence of on-going devotion and commitment. You haven't seen each other now for 7 months.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It takes the same amount of time to prepare for the settlement visa as for visit visa. So I dont see why I should do that really? surely the ECO can see my reason for this? btw I have marriage certificate as well to prove my marriage of course
It doesn't to be honest,i had lots of visitor visas before we decided to apply for settlement one, is easier and will give you both some time to spend together

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, it's too bad it took her a long time to pass the test. But this won't cut any ice with Home Office. They still want hard evidence of on-going devotion and commitment.
even if I submit my entire skype chat log for the whole of past 6 months with my wife?

the other part of the application are good I believe in terms of financial requirements, accommodation.

I really want to avoid visiting back home untill she gets her visa...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It doesn't to be honest,i had lots of visitor visas before we decided to apply for settlement one, is easier and will give you both some time to spend together
For me it does unfortunately, for her to apply for visa, she has to travel to pakistan which takes 2 days by land, those trips are not easy. Not sure of ECO would see through that if I explain this?

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Let's put ourselves in the ECO's shoes. Here is a couple, on arranged marriage, who haven't seen each other for 7 months. They have made no efforts to spend any time together or spend serious money to meet. OK they skyped but that costs little or nothing. Do you really expect them to be convinced?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let's put ourselves in the ECO's shoes. Here is a couple, on arranged marriage, who haven't seen each other for 7 months. They have made no efforts to spend any time together or spend serious money to meet. OK they skyped but that costs little or nothing. Do you really expect them to be convinced?
I see what you mean Joppa and you dont know how much I appreciate your analysis on this.

So would it be sufficient if I plan a visit soon ish see her etc and then while I am there she submits her application?

this country is punishing me for no reason other because I started to fall in love with someone outside the UK.:mad:

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Well, it's your choice and you need to meet whatever rules the government has put in place to maintain a robust immigration control.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, it's your choice and you need to meet whatever rules the government has put in place to maintain a robust immigration control.
thats true. Whats going through my head right now is that, it does not explicitly state that I have to have had spent time together, it just says that you guys have kept in contact and it does accept chat logs as proof of that. it does not state that multiple sources of proof be provided

So I am wondering if that would be sufficient still? but I will keep your advise in mind as well.

also as far she visiting UK there is this:
The partner and/or applicant have visited the other’s home country and
family and are able to provide evidence of this. (The fact that an applicant
has never visited the UK must not be regarded as a negative factor, but it is
a requirement of the Immigration Rules that the couple have met in person
).

from https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/263237/section-FM2.1.pdf

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.