Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
AU cities do rank pretty well in most surveys for liveability. Not as idyllic as Forbes says however, you still have traffic and annoying stuff, but most of the time you can be pretty happy. I think I mainly like the low stress I can achieve most of the time (that means I'll live longer).

Don't need much of an excuse to have a BBQ though. :D

If your wondering if making the move to Australia is right for you, check this out.

The World's Happiest Cities - Forbes.com

Sydney #2
Melbourne #5

I love the quote in there:

"People know it's in Australia, and that it's full of Australians," says Anholt. "Therefore, it must be fun."

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:) thanks for sharing..

·
Registered
50 Posts
If your wondering if making the move to Australia is right for you, check this out.

The World's Happiest Cities - Forbes.com

Sydney #2
Melbourne #5

I love the quote in there:

"People know it's in Australia, and that it's full of Australians," says Anholt. "Therefore, it must be fun."
Thanks for the information mate. I wonder what Perth's ranking might be:rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Most of the time you can be pretty happy. I think I mainly like the low stress I can achieve most of the time (that means I'll live longer).

I found this sentence quite a couple of times from Amaslam, and is one of the many reasons for me to move to Aus..

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I love where we live in Australia although it barely ranks as a city (only 25,000 people) and you wouldn't get me living in Sydney at all since I don't like big cities.

It's nice to visit Melbourne and Sydney and I wouldn't want to live in a big city again.

Australia is big enough and different enough to cater for most tastes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I completely agree with you Karen, I also feel Sydney & Melbourne are good places to visit but not stay. I'd very happy if i get a job in Adelaide or Brisbane, my OH however, loves to be in Melbourne. :rolleyes:

I thought you stay in Mt.Gambier ? Did you move or is Limestone Coast still part of Mt.Gambier? (btw, was it you or dolly?)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I thought you stay in Mt.Gambier ? Did you move or is Limestone Coast still part of Mt.Gambier? (btw, was it you or dolly?)
We're still in Mt Gambier which is on the Limestone Coast :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts