Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to some information about World Heritage Sites in Spain. Whilst I wouldn't suggest that these are the only places to visit, these sites are usually quite interesting and many are very beautiful and it's nice to have some info about them.
Spain - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

This the list. There's more info in the link.
Properties inscribed on the World Heritage List

Cultural

Natural

Mixed

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've only been to 9 as well. Excellent list!! and something to work on once I retire to Spain :) Thank you!!

I wonder why they spell El Escorial as Escurial tho. I've never seen it spelled with a "u" until today.

·
Registered
19,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only been to 9 as well. Excellent list!! and something to work on once I retire to Spain :) Thank you!!

I wonder why they spell El Escorial as Escurial tho. I've never seen it spelled with a "u" until today.
Anglicised I suppose, like Saragossa for Zarragosa.
I'm on 15, but I have been here for a long time.
I'm always a bit surprised as to what is/ isn't on these lists actually. I'm surprised that Trujillo isn't on it for example, nor the stained glass windows of Leon cathedral, Roman mosaics in Carranque, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty La Pedriza in Madrid...
I was disappointed in Atapuerca. They just didn't seem to make the most of what they could show you in the excavations and, almost guiltily confess to have found it a bit boring. The little museum was good though. The aqueduct of Segovia certainly deserves to be there, but the old town??? Salamanca is another one that well deserves a visit.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well 15 as in taking time at them. The best I like Doñana, Segovia and Cuenca (the latter for personal reasons I guess).

Surprised Ronda is not there.

But great list Pesky, I must do more. Never thought I'd go back to being a train spotter :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.