Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, me and my son hold a British passport, my wife has only recently come to the UK on a spouse visa.
I am in full time employment. I wanted to know if i can apply for working tax credit as my wife still has not received her NI number?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
Yes, and you must declare on the form that your wife is subject to immigration control with no recourse to public funds.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa for reply.
Will the application go through without her NI number because it can take some time before she gets the NI number?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more thing, are we allowed to claim child tax credit together because her visa says no access to public funds. Also if we were to make a claim for this, would this affect her new visa because she ia only been gives a visa for 33 months which needs to be extended in 2018

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
Yes, again you as British partner need to claim and declare her as subject to immigration control. British and EEA children are eligible for CTC (and Child Benefit).

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
No, provided you declare her immigration status (there in a box to tick on the form). Home Office often check with DWP that you have done so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.