Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My wife is on her first entry visa in UK WHICH HAS GOT 2.5 years and I am getting at the moment working tax credit, my question is that my renewal comes up soon when it says about partner is she allowed to claim ? Am I allowed to claim and tick where it says subject to immigration control??

Could someone plzzz advise thanks

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Yes you can claim but must disclose your partner is subject to immigration control. Otherwise you make a joint claim and Home Office is ok with that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can claim but must disclose your partner is subject to immigration control. Otherwise you make a joint claim and Home Office is ok with that.
Thanks Joppa

Will I need to tell home office about this? When the renewal comes up ? Will they ask me? And 100 per cent ok if i put and claim and tick the immigration control as im worried it might affect the renewal which i dont want

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
No need to tell them as they normally check with DWP themselves. That's why declaring your partner's immigration status is so important. While you may still get the same amount in WTC, as you apply jointly, not declaring it can make a difference between approval and denial.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Joppa,

Can you let me know will it still affect it even if it says on her viss no recourse to public fund? As im Really confused now and dont know what to do, thanks do let me know as im thinking it might affect future renewal which i dont want thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
As a British citizen, you are entitled to apply for Working Tax Credits. The caveat being that you must declare that your spouse is subject to immigration control. They will calculate your entitlement accordingly. Your own entitlement to tax credits has no bearing on your spouse's visa renewal.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
With tax credits, all applications are made jointly if you have a partner living with you. This is regardless of if they can access public funds. Home Office is ok with that, provided you have declared your partner is subject to immigration control. Strange but true!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.