Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I applied for EEA1 and EEA2 my wife is on FP which is due to expire in 2 months time we have submitted our application already out of ignorance we applied for joint tax credit a month after submitting our EEA application, we never knew it fall into public fund category when I knew it I called HMRC to cancel my application, they said it is not possible that I have to wait till next April. yesterday I received a letter from HRMC that am due For 36 pounds.
Is a joint application my question is can our application be refuses based on this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My wife and I applied for EEA1 and EEA2 my wife is on FP which is due to expire in 2 months time we have submitted our application already out of ignorance we applied for joint tax credit a month after submitting our EEA application, we never knew it fall into public fund category when I knew it I called HMRC to cancel my application, they said it is not possible that I have to wait till next April. yesterday I received a letter from HRMC that am due For 36 pounds.
Is a joint application my question is can our application be refuses based on this.
Joppa could you please give me your take on my question..?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I am back now but not firing on all cylinders at the moment, what with jet lag and pile of work waiting my attention!
Provided you applied telling them you are subject to immigration control (there is a box to tick on the application form), you are fine, as tax credit has been worked out on the assumption that you cannot access public funds, while your partner can. If you haven't ticked the box, you are claiming illegally and this has to be put right. Get in touch with tax credit helpline and ask them to review.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joppa. So it won't have any effect on my application . I have informed HRMC and it has been mark for removal from next April.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Thanks Joppa. So it won't have any effect on my application . I have informed HRMC and it has been mark for removal from next April.
Have you ticked the box as someone subject to immigration control? This is crucial.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No but I called them already to informed them that it was omitted and they said is fine that they will update it.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No but I called them already to informed them that it was omitted and they said is fine that they will update it.
Then you have nothing to worry about. Your revised tax credit award, which will be lower, can be legitimately received without your breaking immigration rules.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Joppa I appreciate your advise. I will keep my finger cross and hope for the best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for your support joppa and

Jrge.Our EEA1 and EEA2 was received yesterday we are over thd moon it took UKBA 2 and half months to process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.