Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My working tax credit is up for renewal but I want to apply for a spouse visa for my husband. I am worried if I renew it, it will affect my visa application.

Should I just cancel the working tax credit to make it easier?

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you cancel it? Are you not entitled to it anymore or are you expecting it to decrease ?
It might decrease because my hours have increased, but I'm worried it will affect the application for spouse visa that's why I want to cancel it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hie, sorry but if you are earning more than 18600 pounds are you entitled for working tax credit? Last time I checked you need to earn less than 13100 to be entitled for that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hie, sorry but if you are earning more than 18600 pounds are you entitled for working tax credit? Last time I checked you need to earn less than 13100 to be entitled for that.
My wage went up in Nov 2014.. So in the last tax year I never earned more then £18600. I was earning under.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No need to cancel/stop claiming it. But once your husband is in UK, you must tell DWP/local council that you now live with him who is subject to immigration control with no access to public funds.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to cancel/stop claiming it. But once your husband is in UK, you must tell DWP/local council that you now live with him who is subject to immigration control with no access to public funds.
Great, thanks!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
This is called notifying a change in circumstance and it's a legal requirement.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello can I get a clarification of what you are saying please. I might be in the same situation . I have been under the spousal visa since September 2013 , I delivered twins in August and my husband who is on ILR visa claimed the child benefit and working tax credits. And he included my details in his tax credits claim. We did mention that I had an immigration restriction not to receive public funds but they awarded us the tax credits as a couple.. Is this a breach of the immigration law?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Certainly no. Provided he has declared you as someone subject to immigration control, his application is processed as a couple and Home Office is fine with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.