Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am studying tourism business management in Athens, and I am currently in the beginning of my second year.

I was always looking for a chance to live in another country, like France, And soon maybe ill be able to.

After finishing my university, i'm thinking to continue my studies in France and do a master on food business management or hotel and hospitality management.. After that I could find a job, and stay there.

I have some questions. How easy is to find a job in that sector in France and in Paris/Ile de France especially? And how much is the average salary holding a low management post (in hotel, bar or restaurant) as a beginner?

How much is a low salary there and how much you need to live decently, in Ile de France/Paris?

Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You ned to speak near fluent French.
Jobs are very hard to come by because of recession. Hospitality sector has been hit hard, as people and corporations rein in spending.
Further studies in France may be possible. You will almost certainly need good French, and tuition fees, when charged, will be at the same level as locals (provided you are a EU citizen).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You ned to speak near fluent French.
Jobs are very hard to come by because of recession. Hospitality sector has been hit hard, as people and corporations rein in spending.
Further studies in France may be possible. You will almost certainly need good French, and tuition fees, when charged, will be at the same level as locals (provided you are a EU citizen).
I am gonna chose a program taught in english because I don't speak french yet. I know only the basics.. Of course I have still 2.5 years 6 months practice + 9 months army... So i can't go there before 4 years. . .by then ill speak enough french. . .and after 2 years of stay in France along with lessons... it will be great...

However what worries me is what happens after. Will i be able to find a job there? If i speak fluent french, (along with 3 other languages) will I have the same chances to be hired by a company like I was French? (I belong to a country of EU)

Isn't tourism in France in much better condition(despite the crisis) than other countries like Britain, Greece ( i am from there =P), Spain? ( based on numbers and statistics France is first on the world in foreign tourist arrivals) That's one of the reasons I am thinking France... is it easier to get a job there than Britain or Spain??

Thanks again :ranger:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Crisis is the same everywhere. For sure if you are speaking 4 languages you should not have too much difficulties to find a job in France.
Regarding the cost of living, it will depend if you decipe to live inside paris or not (paris being the most expensive place in france for rent).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crisis is the same everywhere. For sure if you are speaking 4 languages you should not have too much difficulties to find a job in France.
Regarding the cost of living, it will depend if you decipe to live inside paris or not (paris being the most expensive place in france for rent).
If i move there ill stay in the suburbs.. I wouldn't really like to stay in the city... xD
Thanks for the info... ill just have to wait and see... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.