Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My partner and I have been in relationship and she holds tourist visa for a year. We have registered our domestic relationship in Victoria and would like to apply for partner visa (money constraint is there so we want to buy some time).

Can she get a bridging visa and work here, until the outcome of partner visa application?

Is there any relaxation for minimum period of being in relationship?
Ours is less than a year but it is registered for few months and we have been living together for few months.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Once she submits her application, she will be granted a bridging visa that will take effect when her visitor visa expires. The bridging visa will allow her to work.

If you've registered your relationship with Victoria, then it waives the 12-month requirement for your de facto relationship. But you still will need enough evidence that yours is a de facto relationship so the more/longer evidence you can accumulate, then the stronger your application will be.

Reactions: dream2015

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once she submits her application, she will be granted a bridging visa that will take effect when her visitor visa expires. The bridging visa will allow her to work.

If you've registered your relationship with Victoria, then it waives the 12-month requirement for your de facto relationship. But you still will need enough evidence that yours is a de facto relationship so the more/longer evidence you can accumulate, then the stronger your application will be.
Thanks Maggie,

Couldn't agree more!

We can only get time until her visa is valid, i.e until February. Until then we have to keep booking her tickets after every quarter in and out of the country, as well as insurance and other stuff. Add on top of that agent fee :)

In general, ow likely is it to get visitor visa again? Any idea?

Thanks again

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts