Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am married to an Australian and will be living in Australia as of January 2010. i will be on a tourist electronic visa for the first 3 months.

I will have applied for a permanent spouse visa but will need to support myself in the first 3-5 months before my PR is issued...any clues anyone..?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I am married to an Australian and will be living in Australia as of January 2010. i will be on a tourist electronic visa for the first 3 months.

I will have applied for a permanent spouse visa but will need to support myself in the first 3-5 months before my PR is issued...any clues anyone..?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:
As far as I know you can't work on a tourist visa (you can't in NZ, and i think Oz is even stricter). How about applying for a working holiday visa for the short term - or does this complicate the application for the permanent spouse visa?

I assume you'll be living with your husband? I know it will be hard without an extra income for 3 months but can't he support you in the short term until the spouse visa is issued?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Apostolaras,

Topcat83 is right in that you can't work on a tourist visa and you wouldn't have the requirements any way unless you were looking for a cash in hand type job since you would need a tax file number to work.

You also don't want to your permanent spouse visa in any danger either.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
many people work on tourist visa, they are paid less but they always stand a chance of being caught by the immi people. the employers pay less and dont treat you very well as they know u r working illegally.

3 months is hardly anything, it will pass.. dont work illegally, might land u in deep trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts