Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My husband and I have just applied for his spouse visa to move to the UK to be with me. I currently have a good job but i'm not getting any younger and we want to start having a family as soon as possible. We need to start saving money and therefore I'm hoping my husband can find work pretty quickly once he's here.

I've been looking on here to find out about when he would be allowed to work and whether he'd need to apply for permit or anything but I haven't found any info yet.

Does anyone know how it works on the UK spouse visa or can you point me in the direction of a recent thread where I can get this info please?

Thanks for all your help. This forum has been so helpful for us doing all the preparation work and getting everything together. Thanks so much

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Excellent... that'll make things easier as I may be able to get him some work. Thanks very much for your response :)
He has to get his spouse visa first. Whilst it's not overtly complicated, there are some strict requirements you have to meet, and all indications are that the UK Border Agency are tightening their criteria and scrutinising every application.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has to get his spouse visa first. Whilst it's not overtly complicated, there are some strict requirements you have to meet, and all indications are that the UK Border Agency are tightening their criteria and scrutinising every application.
Thanks Joppa. Yes he still has to have the visa approved. He's done the online application and is has his Biometrics appointment on Monday. We are fast tracking it too because we need him to get here asap to spend some time with my Dad (he's terminally ill and not doing well. Docs said he doesn't have long left). We are hoping and praying he gets the visa and quickly in time before it's too late.

Knowing he is free to work helps though with my stress levels and although I earn a decent wage, it's alot tighter paying for 2 of us and also my parents live over 2 hours away and it costs over £30 for me alone to visit so paying for 2 of us to visit every weekend will be expensive. If he can work during the week that would help and we'd also be able to start saving for a family.

I am now keeping everything crossed!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.