Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greeting Folks,:)

Being an Indian(Asian) what are the opportunities for me to get a good job in Singapore? I have a Professional Degree of Cost and Works Accountancy of India.Besides, I am a commerce graduate and have around three years of expereience. I am currently working as a Junior Manager(finance) in a public sector undertaking in India. I am single and speak Hindi and English.

Could anyone please tell me: 1)What are the job possibilities for me to get a good job in Singapore?
:2) What are the restrictions, if any in getting work visa and all?
:3) What is the average job in Singapore currency, I could have ?
:4) Would Singapore be costly for me?
Any help would be appreciated!:clap2:
Cheers,
Sau.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Susanjain!
Wish I could have either of these Employment passes! I am a cost accountant though.
Cheers,
Sau...
If you find a potential employer who is willing to hire you, you can apply for an Employment pass. I did this 5 years ago, so I can't really remember the exact process.

I found an employer who was willing to hire me and submitted the application to MOM. I think in a few weeks time they approved and I did a quick medical check-up and got my EP.

Goodluck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you find a potential employer who is willing to hire you, you can apply for an Employment pass. I did this 5 years ago, so I can't really remember the exact process.

I found an employer who was willing to hire me and submitted the application to MOM. I think in a few weeks time they approved and I did a quick medical check-up and got my EP.

Goodluck
Thank you, Tonytony :)

I too wish I could have an employer who was willing to hire me.
Cheers!

Sau.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks ecureilx for correcting me =)

It's good that the process has sped up I can't really remember exactly how long it took as it was quite some time since I had applied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts