Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding working in NZ with Aus PR.

i. Can I work in NZ with Aus PR?
ii. If I can, then do I need to make my Initial Entry into Aus and then go to NZ for Work?
iii. Can I directly go to NZ and start working without making an initial entry into Aus?

Can you guys please help me with and provide some official/government websites which can confirm it.

Regards,
Altaf.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding working in NZ with Aus PR.

i. Can I work in NZ with Aus PR?
ii. If I can, then do I need to make my Initial Entry into Aus and then go to NZ for Work?
iii. Can I directly go to NZ and start working without making an initial entry into Aus?

Can you guys please help me with and provide some official/government websites which can confirm it.

Regards,
Altaf.
Without Initial Entry in Australia, your visa status is "in effect". You need to enter Australia to validate it.

1) Yes, you can work in NZ.
2) Yes, you need to make your visa active first by entering any port of Australia.
3) No

Google with relevant topic, you will find plenty of information!

·
Registered
458 Posts
JUST A QUERY

With AUS 189 / 190 visa, can we also work / live in any other countries other than NZ

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
337 Posts
Without Initial Entry in Australia, your visa status is "in effect". You need to enter Australia to validate it.

2) Yes, you need to make your visa active first by entering any port of Australia.
3) No

This is something new, I never knew !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts

3) No

1) Are you sure that we can live in NZ with AUS PR?
nothing is required from NZ end.

2) PR is for 5 year and must be in AUS for 2-3 year to alive the PR, so if we live in NZ for 5 year PR duration after IED ...will it not make my PR invalid?

·
Registered
424 Posts
1) Are you sure that we can live in NZ with AUS PR?
nothing is required from NZ end.

2) PR is for 5 year and must be in AUS for 2-3 year to alive the PR, so if we live in NZ for 5 year PR duration after IED ...will it not make my PR invalid?

Well, there are no straight answers to this.

Why would anyone take all the pain to get himself a Aussie residency, only to work in some other country?

Technically, Aussie citizens and permanent resident holders can enter NZ through a Trans-Tasman agreement. Your OZ resident rights is good enough for you to be treated at par with a NZ resident with minor paperwork. (for study, work)
Also, if you are granted a 190, the conditions of the visa ideally requires you to spend the first 2 years in the sponsored state.

It is possible but the question that comes to mind is "why". There are more opportunities in Australia than NZ. Besides, a Australian PR is more valued and harder to come by!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts