·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all wonder if anyone can help?

I work for a Turkish Company

I work in Kurdistan 28 days on 28 days off

Do I still have to Pay Uk Tax?

I only get paid on my 28 days on so when im back in the Uk I get none.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As UK tax resident, you are liable for your world-wide income. If there is double taxation relief treaty between UK and Kurdistan, then any tax paid (deducted at source) can be set off against UK tax. So, for example, tax rate there is 25% and UK is 20%, so since you have paid tax at 25%, you have no further UK tax liability. But if the rate there is only 15%, you will have to pay 5% to UK tax authorities through self-assessment. If there is no such treaty, you may be taxed twice on your income. Unilateral relief may be sometimes available to minimise the effect of being taxed twice, so consult your accountant, tax advisor or HMRC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As UK tax resident, you are liable for your world-wide income. If there is double taxation relief treaty between UK and Kurdistan, then any tax paid (deducted at source) can be set off against UK tax. So, for example, tax rate there is 25% and UK is 20%, so since you have paid tax at 25%, you have no further UK tax liability. But if the rate there is only 15%, you will have to pay 5% to UK tax authorities through self-assessment. If there is no such treaty, you may be taxed twice on your income. Unilateral relief may be sometimes available to minimise the effect of being taxed twice, so consult your accountant, tax advisor or HMRC.
Hi Joppa, Thanks for the Info Im still trying to find out where I stand with the tax paid in Kurdistan.

Thanks for yr help :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.