Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was considering working in Dubai in the banking sector but i would like to know from expats living in Dubai how is the financial crisis affecting Dubai
is it a good time to come now or its better to wait till next year?
thnx in advance

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
If you read through past threads on this forum, the local press (The National & Gulf news) and International papers you will see that the UAE is not immune from global problems.

-

·
Banned
598 Posts
best bet is to google recruiting agencies here in Dubai and ask them. We could tell you yes or no and we would be giving the wrong info. Go to the source. Good luck

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i appreciate ur quick replies
yes i am doing all what you are advising me but i would also love to hear from ppl living and working there
Is the economy getting any better at the moment?

·
Banned
598 Posts
I would say it is. But again thats just my opinion. I dont think it really ever got bad here like it did in other parts of the world.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Average can mean many different things!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think wait a bit!

Hi

I am not in the banking industrie but things are realy not to good at the moment. Company is also in big dept they might close down soon.

hope this helps

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thnx 4 all replies
as a fresh graduate i would be expecting 4000 derhams plus a plave to live in
is that possible keeping in mind i am a fresh graduate?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i agree that i expressed myself in a wrong way
what i mean i am not coming to Dubai to save money and return my country however i need a decent sallary to live okay

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont even know if 4000 derhams is enough 4 living in dubai
but i am keeping in mind that i am fresh graduate so honestly 4 now i am not expecting to be having a high sallary

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
If they pay for your living costs and that is your salary, then you could 'live' off of it. Maybe you will work your way up in the company, and make more over time. Everyone has to start out somewhere!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If they pay for your living costs and that is your salary, then you could 'live' off of it. Maybe you will work your way up in the company, and make more over time. Everyone has to start out somewhere!
yes i agree but is it possible to get a job while i am in Egypt?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Also depends on what you could earn at home. You can lively cheaply anywhere all depends on the expectations. As with a few on here not everyone needs a maid and eat out 3 times a week!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i mean i dnt want to come Dubai before i find a job there
To be honest i would love to work in Dubai to have a new experience
i have good opportunities in Egypt but i prefer working in Dubai

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also depends on what you could earn at home. You can lively cheaply anywhere all depends on the expectations. As with a few on here not everyone needs a maid and eat out 3 times a week!
i am a single french graduate guy so definitely i am not expecting a maid or a luxury life even if i have that at home

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i really appreciate all of ur replies ,i didnt expect that many members will be replying
thats so sweet from all of the members and ur advise is highly appreciated

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.