Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I'm moving next month from Dublin to start a new job in Canary Wharf. I wonder if it would be better to live in CW or somewhere more central along the Jubilee line. I'm looking for a safe area but not too quiet... so, west end?, CW?, greenwich?

Cheers,
D.

·
Super Moderator
18,012 Posts
Canary Wharf while bustling during the week can be pretty dull at the weekend. Greenwich is nice but on the quieter side. However, there are some Olympic events scheduled to be held there so it will be absolute chaos (like most of London, I expect) next summer. Of course it totally depends on your budget. Anywhere north of the river in Zone 1 or 2 along the Jubilee Line will be nice and reasonably safe, but pricey.

·
Super Moderator
18,012 Posts
There are pubs and restaurants and there is some after work activity by brokers, but I think most prefer to do their entertaining in Central London and certainly there is a lot more to choose from. Yes you probably do get more for your money and it is mostly newly built so there will be more modcons.

I think it is best to use estate agents. Estate agents are very area specific so if you look at websites like rightmove, findaproperty and primelocation you an determine which agents cover Canary Wharf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.