Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My husband is in the last round of interviews for a job in finance, venture capital specifically, and we are wondering about work/life balance in the UAE. I did find another thread that discusses working hours, but we're curious if anyone can advise on this industry in particular.

Currently, we live in New York and my husband regularly works 16-hour days. We have heard that these hours are uncommon in the UAE, but it's tough for us to wrap our heads around a finance job that doesn't regularly involve such long days. Can anyone advise?

If the company doesn't discuss their "typical work day" before making an offer, my husband will certainly address it, but we were hoping to have an idea before getting to that point.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello All,

My husband is in the last round of interviews for a job in finance, venture capital specifically, and we are wondering about work/life balance in the UAE. I did find another thread that discusses working hours, but we're curious if anyone can advise on this industry in particular.

Currently, we live in New York and my husband regularly works 16-hour days. We have heard that these hours are uncommon in the UAE, but it's tough for us to wrap our heads around a finance job that doesn't regularly involve such long days. Can anyone advise?

If the company doesn't discuss their "typical work day" before making an offer, my husband will certainly address it, but we were hoping to have an idea before getting to that point.

Thanks!
Not sure what position your husband is interviewing for - but unless it is for an analyst / associate level position, long hours are very uncommon in venture capital, especially in the UAE. This however could change if he is into private equity, depending on the firm and dealflow. Hope this helps.

Cheers...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is for an analyst/associate position and it is PE. Guess they all have to pay their dues everywhere! :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts