Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Am struggling getting Skilled Visa Sub class 175 can only get 110 points. (and that includes giving mysef 25 points for english language even though I've read brits who have studied in UK still had to sit the test:confused2:)

How many of you forum members know of people going on a Working HOliday Visa working finding professional employment then getting them to apply for a skilled Visa?

Is this common/possible?

I have had the wind knocked out of me since findout that I don't qualify for a Skilled Migrant Visa even though i'm working full time my job is on the SOL (only 50 points) i've been educated in UK born in UK and work in UK.
Just means it will take longer to settle with my g/f who lives out there in mel'b.:(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello Roh008,

I have another suggestion since you are short of only about 10 points, why don't you try to contact a migration agent and ask for an initial evaluation (normally this is for free), I know of several cases that was primarily not eligible but they found a way in through agents, just give it a shot, good luck.

Hi All,

Am struggling getting Skilled Visa Sub class 175 can only get 110 points. (and that includes giving mysef 25 points for english language even though I've read brits who have studied in UK still had to sit the test:confused2:)

How many of you forum members know of people going on a Working HOliday Visa working finding professional employment then getting them to apply for a skilled Visa?

Is this common/possible?

I have had the wind knocked out of me since findout that I don't qualify for a Skilled Migrant Visa even though i'm working full time my job is on the SOL (only 50 points) i've been educated in UK born in UK and work in UK.
Just means it will take longer to settle with my g/f who lives out there in mel'b.:(

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi All,

Is this common/possible?

The working holiday visa only allows you to work 6 months at one place, you would then need to find work elsewhere. More than likely you will not find the kind of work you are looking for, with little chance of migration at the end.

Since you have 110 points, you may also look at getting state sponsorship (176). This visa has a pass mark of 100, but you may not get to go to the location of your choice right away. You would have to live and work in that state for 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts