Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a working/holiday visa and thinking fo coming over to Oz in March. I was just wondering how difficult is it to get jobs in IT sales with only the working/holiday visa?? I do intend getting a PR but it is along process and awaiting the assessment from the ACS at the mo.

Any help ye can provide would be appreciated!

Cheers,
leesider

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Remember you will only be able to work with an employer for 6 months, you will then have to find another.

You can extend for another year and in that time if you've applied for PR it should be through before the end of the 2nd year (hopefully!!!).

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
wish you luck, not many would be happy to give out work to someone for 6 months, you can surely look for contractual jobs.. have a look at job portals..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wish you luck, not many would be happy to give out work to someone for 6 months, you can surely look for contractual jobs.. have a look at job portals..

isn't there some sort of sponsorship a company can give you to keep you on after the 6 months?? I think a friend of mine got that so must ask her what it is called.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
that is what a contractual job would be.. the contracts are usually short term ones :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts