Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After having spent the last few weeks trying to get some straightforward information online on double taxation and other issues, I've come here to ask you for your advice before I pull out every last hair on my head.

I have a UK Ltd company, with UK based clients, however I can work remotely from anywhere in Europe. I have only just gone the contracting route, so am still quite new to a lot of the taxation/accounting requirements, but I can't seem to find the best way of doing this. I am obviously happy to pay tax in Spain, however I have no desire to be taxed both in the UK and here.

Would I need to go the Autonomo route here in Spain, and hire myself ?

Any tips/ideas/pointers would be much appreciated

Thanks,
B

·
Registered
64 Posts
Your best bet, would be contact a gestor or a professional to review your situation and then advise you what would be your best course of action.

Kind regards,

Kurt

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
A lot of this will depend on whether or not you are considered to be tax resident in Spain, ie have you lived here for more than 183 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of this will depend on whether or not you are considered to be tax resident in Spain, ie have you lived here for more than 183 days.
Yes I have - I havn't been working, but have lived here for longer than that.

I have gotten in touch with an accountant here, but thought I would ask some of you as well while I wait for him to get back to me

Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I think one of my fellow moderators (Mitzyboy) was in this situation and can maybe shed more light on it from his perspective.

I understand that you don't want to pay tax twice and you shouldn't have to.

If you end up paying tax in UK then it will be offset against any tax due in Spain. It is a legal requirement that you submit tax returns in Spain irrespective of where you are primarily taxed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts