Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently receiving Carers Allowance for looking after someone who is disabled. However, I am also working for my father as a care and support worker. He pays me a weekly wage through PAYE. I earn approximately £100 per week. I have been employed by my father since January 2015. My father pays me through his own private 'means.' My father is registered with HMRC as an employer. This April I got a P60 and my father also supplies me with weekly pay slips. I want to sponsor my wife. Will working for my father who I believe is an employer cause any issues? Will I have to meet the financial Requirements?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, as your employment is legitimate. You have to meet adequate maintenance requirement, currently having £114.85 left per week after paying for rent and council tax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
urgent help

Thanks for the reply. I have a question. Will the Entry Clearance Officer question why I am working for my father? My father employs me as his care and support worker and pays me through his own financial means. I get wage slips and all wages are paid into my account by bacs. Can the Entry clearance officer question the legitimacy of my father as an employer? Thanks.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, as a lot of people work within their family, like in a family-owned business. Provided you have all the required documents, and taxes are paid (through PAYE, for example), the identity of the employer is immaterial.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. My father pays through PAYE and submits all information through the new RTI system that HMRC operate.... So all should be good. Thankyou. Is it also ok to rent a property of my father at a reduced rate? Will this have any bearing on the Entry Clearance Officers decision?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Renting from your father is fine too, again with correct documentation like rental agreement or a letter of invitation etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hoping to rent a property in July which means I won't be put on the councils electoral register. Will this cause a problem with the visa application? Will the ECO check the register?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.