Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a mechanical engineer and going to apply Visa 189/ 190 under mechanical engineer.

However, my work experience is not as same as my education, then this makes me confused on skill assessment.

My experience:

- Over 4 years experience as mechanical and electrical supervisor in a construction company
- Nearly 09 years experience as Senior Claim Adjuster in a non-life insurance company
- Total working exp.: approx. 13 years.

Can you advise me whether or not I can claim working experience from Engineer Australia as above?

Thanks for your recommendations.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi all,

I am a mechanical engineer and going to apply Visa 189/ 190 under mechanical engineer.

However, my work experience is not as same as my education, then this makes me confused on skill assessment.

My experience:

- Over 4 years experience as mechanical and electrical supervisor in a construction company
- Nearly 09 years experience as Senior Claim Adjuster in a non-life insurance company
- Total working exp.: approx. 13 years.

Can you advise me whether or not I can claim working experience from Engineer Australia as above?

Thanks for your recommendations.
Which code do you wish to apply for ? In other words, do you wish to apply as a skilled mechanical engineer or a insurance process executive?

It is my understanding that you can claim points for skilled experience (in the last ten years) only if it's related to the code that you are applying for.

So it's either mech or insurance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
The problem will emerge when you want to claim your work experience? If not , I would suggest to prepare your CDRs based on your projects or any thesis have been studied in the college

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts