Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people

I am a South African looking for a better future for my wife and son and it seems Australia could provide this. I have a masters degree in IT(Software development) currently with 1 year, 2 months relevant experience. I have decided to attempt to get in on the skillselect program. I have gotten in contact with the Australian computer society for the skills assessment however they have informed me that without 2 years relevant work experience I cannot get a skills assesment done. And without the assessment I cannot apply for skillsselect.

Is there any other way to get a skills assessment done? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi people

I am a South African looking for a better future for my wife and son and it seems Australia could provide this. I have a masters degree in IT(Software development) currently with 1 year, 2 months relevant experience. I have decided to attempt to get in on the skillselect program. I have gotten in contact with the Australian computer society for the skills assessment however they have informed me that without 2 years relevant work experience I cannot get a skills assesment done. And without the assessment I cannot apply for skillsselect.

Is there any other way to get a skills assessment done? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
If you have a bachelors degree in Engineering, you can probably go through Engineers Australia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you have a bachelors degree in Engineering, you can probably go through Engineers Australia.
Software Development as it is called in South Africa seems to be classified as Software Engineering in Australia and several other countries. I am not sure if this does fall under the engineering program. Does it perhaps?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Software Development as it is called in South Africa seems to be classified as Software Engineering in Australia and several other countries. I am not sure if this does fall under the engineering program. Does it perhaps?
What is the name of your bachelors? Is it a BSc. of Engineering or B. Eng. or something like that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts