Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any way a doctor (with undergraduate degree) from non EU country work in Germany and later pursue postgraduate career? I want to know how much we can earn in Germany and how is the living cost both as a resident or doctor?

·
Administrator
50,382 Posts
I've changed the title of your thread to try to attract a bit more attention.

I assume you mean working as a medical doctor - and if so, you should probably understand that transferring medical qualifications between countries can be extremely difficult. It may also involve some re-training before you can practice in Germany (or any other country). At a minimum, you'll probably have to have a reasonable level of German and some understanding of the medical profession as it is organized in Germany.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've changed the title of your thread to try to attract a bit more attention.

I assume you mean working as a medical doctor - and if so, you should probably understand that transferring medical qualifications between countries can be extremely difficult. It may also involve some re-training before you can practice in Germany (or any other country). At a minimum, you'll probably have to have a reasonable level of German and some understanding of the medical profession as it is organized in Germany.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you Bev, I expect more answers in this thread.

·
Registered
277 Posts
is there any way a doctor (with undergraduate degree) from non EU country work in Germany and later pursue postgraduate career? I want to know how much we can earn in Germany and how is the living cost both as a resident or doctor?
Sorry if it sounds sarcastic, but my nephew and many colleagues from "doctors without borders" are voluntarily helpers in Nepal.
They don't look at money.
Why does a local doctor want to leave while his country him so badly needed? For the filthy Mammon? :mad:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sorry if it sounds sarcastic, but my nephew and many colleagues from "doctors without borders" are voluntarily helpers in Nepal.
They don't look at money.
Why does a local doctor want to leave while his country him so badly needed? For the filthy Mammon? :mad:
I think it is not for us to judge the OP's reasons as to why he/she wants to work as a medical doctor in Germany.

You may recall Maslow's hierarchy of needs - if the OP is not getting enough money working as a doctor in Nepal and wishes to improve his/her position in life, then who are we to say no to the OP.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think it is not for us to judge the OP's reasons as to why he/she wants to work as a medical doctor in Germany.

You may recall Maslow's hierarchy of needs - if the OP is not getting enough money working as a doctor in Nepal and wishes to improve his/her position in life, then who are we to say no to the OP.
It is not a judgement but a question of my own..
Of course, the OP could have appealed to any other country, e.g. UK ( for him it 's a favoure to speak english, thought ) :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts