Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I was looking for some general ideas and information as to which countries are generally more accepting of unskilled workers to work in their country. I live in the uk but I fancy a change and to try working abroad. the problem is I don't have any qualifications and most 1st world countries wish to only take on or accept workers which have good employment history and a skilled trade or occupation. my employment history isn't too great and has been a bit of a problem due to mental health problems i've had to tackle (depression and anxiety) as well as the economic problems here in the uk making it difficult for me to find a job. i'd be willing to work towards a skill possibly if I can get the training but I would like to see what my options are (if there are any!) for working abroad. I am 33 years old and single,english is my first language. I have mainly worked in civil service, the longest job working for the royal mail as a postman.

G

·
If unskilled you can try anywhere in Europe where you do not need a visa to live, but will need to meet sone requirements not based on your skills dependent on the country. Though what languages do you speak? You woud have huge difficulty getting work if you do not speak the language. You cant assume they will all speak English because they do not.

Most other countries are out as they grant visas based on skills and experience or a job offer. The job offer being based on you being more able to do that job than a local.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts