Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a friend who owns a start-up based out of the UK, and he's looking to hire me. After due diligence, I found out it's rather difficult for an American to get a work visa for the UK.

But another friend told me I should be able to get one as long as the company can prove to the UK government that I'm the only one qualified to do the job in demand. (i.e. I'm the only one who knows a tool in and out and has extensive industry knowledge). Can anyone confirm whether this is true?

Also, given that the company I would be working for is a start-up rather than a standard corporation, how would obtaining a work visa work? Any one know whether it would be much easier/harder to get a work visa in this scenario and have any helpful tips to share?

Thanks much!
Dynamic

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
There are two possible routes for you. One is to be sponsored for Tier 2 General visa. This requires the business to be a registered sponsor and pass resident labour market test (i.e. they can't find anyone with right skills locally to fill the vacancy).
Alternative is to apply as sole representative of an overseas business. This is probably easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Joppa. Can you please elaborate on the second part and the process involved?

"apply as sole representative of an overseas business"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.